Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2003, 12:38 PM   #11
Jorath Calar
Harper

But blaming it on someone or something else, specially something that sounds scientific and we can't really explain, just recite from what we read, makes life so much easier. Plus it makes us look better if it's something we can't control not to mention justifying not seeking any selfimprovement at all...
Old 11-03-2003, 07:46 PM   #12
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I knew that!

BTW - more good news. Scientists report that they have managed to isolate the lonliness gene!
LMAO that was funny [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 11-04-2003, 10:27 AM   #13
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

It finally good to know im not fat from sitting in one spot for many hours and consuming mountain dew and reeses i can continue to do what im good at then [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2003, 05:08 PM   #14
GForce

Well, if anyone wants to lose weight, all you gotta do is move that booty. I recommend kickboxing. Just get yourself a sparring partner and let him/her have it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] : OR just get a standing punching bag from Century Martial Arts. Make sure to use punching gloves in the beginning at least until your fist of fury is hardened. If you can't afford bags, then just shadowbox & kick. If you don't want a trainer, then just get a training video (or watch Bruce Lee) and emulate what they do. Also, do a bunch of situps and pushups. There is sense in eating right but you really don't need to cut out altogether the junk food. Just have it in moderation.

Old 11-04-2003, 05:27 PM   #15
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Exclamation

Anybody ever notice that when you go on a diet/exercise program, all of a sudden everyone wants to feed you? Other strange things I notice is that the wife/girlfriend gets edgy about your improvement, nobody likes it when you cook or likes cooking for you, and everyone tries to find an excuse why you should better spend your time on something else. You'd think that they'd give you some support, don't you? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Old 11-05-2003, 10:49 AM   #16
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Resistance exercise twice a week and cardio that gets your heart rate above 100 BPM sustained for 30 minutes or more. Eat lean meats and fat free dairy along with green vegetables (fresh or lightly cooked) and fruit. Stay away from heavy sugars, starches, alchohol, and fats.
ok the hb thing...my resting hb tends to be up there. even when not pregnant i've had it taken at 111! as far as lean meats and fresh veggies and fruits go as long as my wallet is lean i guess i won't be.

i don't blame genetics....yes i have a very fat side to my fmaily, but i blame child bearing....y'see i was on weight watchers and had a hyperactive thyroid (both great for losing weight) when i found out i was pg with justice.....she made my thyroid go back to normal and well, can't do ww while pg....so anyway...i gained 59 pounds with her, then i eventually went to work at a fast food restaurant, and i'm on my third child altogether....i just keep going up. but nathan and i have decided to take a 5 year break between kids so hopefully i can get healthy then...even if i still eat potatoes!
Old 11-05-2003, 10:55 AM   #17
Rokenn
Galvatron

What a relief! I can blame my mum and dad instead of the fact I spend nearly 12 hours a day sitting on my ass [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Seriously though me and a co-worker have been doing the atkins diet for the last month and have been doing pretty good. I've lost 15 lbs (down to 225) and he has 20. My target is 200 [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]

The best part about losing weight is taking your slacks to the tailor to have them taken in [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2003, 12:05 PM   #18
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Any exercise program with a medical condition should be monitored closely by a physician, but there's always some exercise you can do. Walking or biking are common ones that most people of reasonable health can do. I have athsma and can still do 30 minutes on the treadmill at 5 mph. Just keep a close watch on how you feel and keep medication handy.

I sympathize with the cost of healthy eating, but it doesn't have to be too bad. Some price wise sources of lean protein are fat free cottage cheese and other FF dairy, canned tuna and other fish packed in water, frozen whiting, chicken thighs minus the skin and grilled. All of these aren't very expensive. You can even improve regular ground beef by rinsing the freshly browned meat with hot water in a strainer. Canned fruit packed in juice with no sugar and frozen vegetables are good cheaper alternatives to fresh. These are just some ideas for you. Stay away from large quantities of white potates, noodles/dumplings, white rice, bread, etc. It's empty calories only somewhat better than cakes and cookies. This doesn't mean you can't eat them, as a matter of fact you should eat some, just control the quantity. Don't make it the major bulk of your meal.

The problem is that healthy eating doesn't taste as good as bad eating. Eating is one of our greatest pleasures in life. People generally don't look kindly on limiting that. If healthy eating tated great and exercise felt great, everyone would be doing it all the time. You have to give some to get some. Just don't fall for the concept that you can't control yourself and give up. It seems to be a popular notion these days. If you don't want to change eating and exercise habits, just don't use excuses. Just be perfectly honest with yourself and say that you don't want to change. It's not worth it to you. I can respect that if you can. [img]smile.gif[/img] We live in a free country.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:10 PM   #19
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
quote:
Resistance exercise twice a week and cardio that gets your heart rate above 100 BPM sustained for 30 minutes or more. Eat lean meats and fat free dairy along with green vegetables (fresh or lightly cooked) and fruit. Stay away from heavy sugars, starches, alchohol, and fats.
ok the hb thing...my resting hb tends to be up there. even when not pregnant i've had it taken at 111! as far as lean meats and fresh veggies and fruits go as long as my wallet is lean i guess i won't be.

i don't blame genetics....yes i have a very fat side to my fmaily, but i blame child bearing....y'see i was on weight watchers and had a hyperactive thyroid (both great for losing weight) when i found out i was pg with justice.....she made my thyroid go back to normal and well, can't do ww while pg....so anyway...i gained 59 pounds with her, then i eventually went to work at a fast food restaurant, and i'm on my third child altogether....i just keep going up. but nathan and i have decided to take a 5 year break between kids so hopefully i can get healthy then...even if i still eat potatoes!
[/QUOTE]You should probably check with the doctor about a suitable heart rate if you want to exercise. Over 100 resting could be indicative of a health problem. A phone call to your physician should be enough. He may want to see you first.

At any rate, don't wait too long.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:18 AM   #20
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:

The problem is that healthy eating doesn't taste as good as bad eating. Eating is one of our greatest pleasures in life. People generally don't look kindly on limiting that. If healthy eating tated great and exercise felt great, everyone would be doing it all the time. You have to give some to get some. Just don't fall for the concept that you can't control yourself and give up. It seems to be a popular notion these days. If you don't want to change eating and exercise habits, just don't use excuses. Just be perfectly honest with yourself and say that you don't want to change. It's not worth it to you. I can respect that if you can. [img]smile.gif[/img] We live in a free country.
healthy eating can taste good, you just need to know where to get hte recipes, my mom bought a whole bunch of light cooking mini magazines, great recipes and ideas, just expensive to use.

i prefer healthy eating, i prefer skim milk and light yogurts for snacks instead of cakes and cookies. unfortunately we only have so much money and having a 1yo means having whole milk, heck having my husband means having whole milk, he hates skim. and yogurt....even six things of it would be gone within 24 hours. not all to me mind you.

anyway the myth that healthy eating doesn't taste good is wrong. it is simply a myth. healthy eating can not only taste good but i can be better than non-healthy that we are used to.