Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 05:50 AM   #1
Cayra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Guys ... New here

Had the game when it first game out in Australia but my entire party was killed in a nasty hard drive crash about one third in

Tried to install a year ago and couldn't

but although i'm running xp and sp2 it installed flawlessly and looks great on my current machine
I didn't have to tweak or use comp mode.... just runs beautifully and looks much better than I remembered ... nice graphics card and dx9 helps

and the other thread I was searching for is recent too... that round tunnel in serpent temple
figured it was a bug .. can't see any other way of getting out

I'll try some of the solutions offered now including don't bother

Great board
Cayra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 07:36 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcom to the board, Cayra!!!

Very glad to hear that you had no problems installing and running the game on your XP w SP2!! Makes me wonder why it worked so well for you and others experience difficulties - what sort of computer do you have??

That one tunnel in the Serpent Temple causes a lot of players grief and I never had any problems with it at all. Another one of those mysteries as to why it will work for some and not for others!

This board has the best regulars ever!!

Do keep us posted on how your game is going!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:23 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the board, Cayra! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] May this jaunt in the Gael Serran prove much more exciting, enjoyable, and exhilirating! Remember the IW motto... they WILL hunt you down

I'm also curious that it worked so smoothly for you on XP! That would make exactly one in a row where that happened... Maybe it's time for a field trip to see what's different

And I'll second Wyvern: come back often to let us know how it's going! We like living through other people, and it's not a bad thing, honest [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:55 AM   #4
NickCowan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cayra, please, please, please, please, please, please *breathe in*, please post your machine stats and if you've got it, could you run a hijack this log on your PC when it's working happily with W&Ws? I'm running SP2, but it ain't working all that happily... ta,
I like pizza, I like bagels,<br />I like hot dogs with mustard and beer<br />I\'ll eat eggplant,<br />I could even eat a baby deer<br />La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!<br />Who\'s that baby deer on the lawn there?
NickCowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 07:50 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board, Cayra. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Changing your screen resolution may help you in the tunnel. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-11-2005, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 03-12-2005, 12:17 AM   #6
Cayra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm running an Athlon 2.4
Radeon 9700 pro driver 6.14.10.6490
512 mb ram
sb live

oddly enough last time I tried to run this before sp2 it didn't work

I'm wondering if it's related to codecs etc for media player 9 which messed me up for a while

The only other thought is I had to reinstall windows and I put sp2 on at the same time
Old 03-14-2005, 01:11 AM   #7
Cayra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

and Nick
I did have a bit of trouble with the 'town screen' which was fixed with the video hints mentioned..
this was my only real problem last time I tried to play it on xp

Just a thought... are you using the lastest directx 9?