Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 09:51 PM   #11
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Well my first comment is that you said you are playing a good party but you have vic so I see no reason why you can't play with edwin either.

That said if you play a ranger/cleric I would ditch vic AND jah in favor of anomen. Now you have a cleric that can melee very well and you don't have the redundancy of 2 druids and 2 clerics. Use that extra slot for either more mage spellpower or another fighter (like keldorn for instance).
Old 10-09-2001, 09:57 PM   #12
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Many a wise sage will tell you this:

THERE IS NO PERFECT PARTY, IN THAT CASE, PLAY AS SOMETHING YOU FEEL KICKS ASS.

OK so maybe the sages wouldn't word it THAT was exactly... But it's something close. Might I suggest stalker? I love my stalker. Tank, spells, heals, and backstabs all in one!
Old 10-09-2001, 10:36 PM   #13
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Looks OK. I'd go with what some others have suggested - make your player char a tank.
Old 10-09-2001, 11:32 PM   #14
StarVid
Elminster

I know there's no perfect party, but I'm trying pick a class/party formation that fits into the storyline from BG1. That's why I'm keeping Jah, Minsc, Imoen, and maybe taking Vic, even though she's evil.

With the ranger/cleric though, I don't really need any of them, I think a much better setup would be:

Keldorn
Minsc
Me
Anomen
Nalia
Jan

This way, I have two full clerics (one that can cast druid spells). one and a half mages, Four good tank candidates, and a decent thief. I'd play this party, but it's all assorted NPCs and it just doesn't flow with the storyline for me.

I seriously think we're all meant to play mages...
Old 10-10-2001, 07:53 AM   #15
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Playing as a pure fighter is also enjoying you can have a keep! For Fighter/Paladin/Ranger main character parties Minsc,Anomen,Nalia,Jan and Aerie/Jaheira is cool. If you're mage kick Nalia and take Keldorn. Jan is a great character he's very funny. But Imo is also a good thief also a great mage. I like Nali and Imo more than Ed because they can hide in shadows use crossbows and they're nice girls )

------------------
"Not for your eyes only, also for your beautiful ears.."

Yngwie J. Amadeus Zoltan "Diamond Fighter of Aerie Lovers Sacred Band"
Old 10-10-2001, 09:02 AM   #16
StarVid
Elminster

I don't mean to nit, but Imoen isn't a great thief, dualing at level 7. And Nalia isn't a nice girl.
Old 10-10-2001, 09:17 AM   #17
Skylark
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think that you've got to have Edwin in your party.
He is one kick-ass wizard who you can't afford to be without.
Old 10-10-2001, 09:23 AM   #18
StarVid
Elminster

I would but he's evil. And it's not that I have anything against evil, but with having to monitor my rep and not being able to have Minsc because they'll fight, it's too much trouble. Though it's pretty odd that he's in BG2 because I'm pretty damn sure I killed him in BG1. Must have had some pretty cool ass contingiency set up that could gatter the pieces of his body spread over the southern region of Nashkel, and then put him back together. What would this be? Bigby's Spectacular Superglue? Or perhaps, Summon all the Kings Horses and Men(Humpty Dumpty reference)?

Otherwise, I like Edwin.
Old 10-11-2001, 03:19 PM   #19
Byronas

Well I am playing with this party:
Me(as a Cavalier)
Minsc
Anomen or Keldron
Jaheira
Aerie
Jan

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-11-2001, 05:40 PM   #20
hagimihale
Manshoon

Byronas, are you on the mainland or one of the islands? I have relatives on Kos, Rhodes and Icaria. My family visited on holiday last year for two weeks. I took a bunch of pics and set up a site: www.geocities.com/hagimihale/index.htm

I am currently playing as a sorcerer with:

Minsc
Jaheira
Anomen
Keldorn
Jan

I'll be swapping Jan for Imoen later... and am still considering keeping Valygar over Minsc or Keldorn but haven't made up my mind just yet. I like this group - I have 4 tanks, 4 players with spellcasting ability and all 5 NPCs are effective at range attacks.