Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-17-2001, 07:23 PM   #1
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

with all the perfect conditions a player character has to achieve in order to backstab, those stinking rune assassins at the tanner's just drink a potion and "back" stab me in the face! what's up with that?!?
Old 07-17-2001, 07:25 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm having similar problems, but with a different matter. If you raise the difficulty level above the Core Rules, then it seems that monsters and enemies get criticals a lot more than they usually do. I think it's like a +3 bonus or something.. I really don't see it as fair. I'm playing in BG1 right now, and a Xvart did 40 sum damage for a critical. When I attacked Minsc, he got a critical of 60. Unless you want a challenge, then don't raise the difficulty (you don't get any added experience either).
Old 07-17-2001, 07:34 PM   #3
jabidas
Silver Dragon

The bioware guys responded to that before, the problem was why go to the insane amounts of trouble (writing it into the engine) to make them walk around you and then hit its not like the ai is great to begin with. The effort wasnt worth and when the player knows there are assasins around he occasionaly turns around they have to go around again so it recked the ability.

------------------
Old 07-17-2001, 07:38 PM   #4
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

They are tough for sure. I noticed an odd thing with them guys, if you're in the room with them you "see" them quaff potion after potion and turn invisible, yet I managed to kill one before he quaffed anything and when I checked his corpse he had no invisibility potions on him....weird or what.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-18-2001, 02:24 AM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by Cavern Sniffer:
They are tough for sure. I noticed an odd thing with them guys, if you're in the room with them you "see" them quaff potion after potion and turn invisible, yet I managed to kill one before he quaffed anything and when I checked his corpse he had no invisibility potions on him....weird or what.
I can't resist. It's because they are invisibility potions.

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....

Who are you? What do you want?
Old 07-18-2001, 10:43 AM   #6
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

some items can be labeled as "Non-drop", as in they disappear when the monster dies. That's probably the same situation.
Old 07-18-2001, 04:12 PM   #7
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Indeed. Remember how many times it would state that a critical hit was diverted by helmet and when said monster was dead you couldn't find a helmet.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves