Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2001, 09:32 AM   #11
Waluin

Two rough spots for me (thus far):

1) waaaay back in the planar sphere, the halfling mage.

2) mind flayers. oi. Never ever again
Old 07-06-2001, 10:29 AM   #12
FallenPaladin
Dungeon Master

I find the game easy, but I guess its due to the "cheesey methods", I use. I use a sorcerer, and before entering any room where I know there's a large group, I unleash all my fireballs, death spells, Ice storms, and cloudkills (and a sorcerer can have a lot). Even creatures with magic resistance don't last long when you've just casted five cloudkills in a room. And best of all, if I'm not in their view range, they never attack . Otherwise I try to pick them one at a time, and have Keldorn and Minsk kick their asses.
Old 07-06-2001, 10:32 AM   #13
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
If your soloing it then any sucessful imprisonment, mazing, confusion or charm spell will prematureley end your game. Best get some armour or weapons with immunity to those types of spells

Hold person as well. *Ahem* Not that I found this out when I was attacked by a kobald shaman and a bunch of their archers. It is slightly embarassing lossing your lev 12 monk in this way.
Old 07-06-2001, 10:40 AM   #14
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I personally find mind flayers and beholders in large groups to be the toughest.
Consider me weird or eccentric or whatever because Ill fight a battle, if I lose i of course reload and try again. If I win, Ill reload and try something different just to see if it works better. I might fight the same battle trying different tactics 15 times just to find what works best.

I like to fight in newer dirtier sneakier underhanded ways than I did last time and that is what makes this fantastic game soooooooo replayable.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2001, 11:30 AM   #15
Eddith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I agree that when you know what's around the next corner it can make the game a little easier as you know how to prepare for the encounter - maybe trying the game at a higher difficulty level would make it a little more challenging. I know going solo through the game definitely will.

Eddith