Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 10-20-2002, 06:05 AM   #1
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

I was wondering wot the number of days there are in each month. What the months were called, and presently what wot year it is, in Faerun. I am writing a diary in my journal (I love RP) so I was wondering the names days and months were.

-Thanks-
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 11:28 AM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

from the second edition Forgotten Realms boxed set.

the game takes place in 1369DR (dale reckoning) (page 62 from the bg2 manual)
they are written with the proper name, a common name, and our equivalent month.
with special holidays added with a "--" before and after to mark them.

1: Hammer (deepwinter) -January

--midwinter--

2: Alturiak (claw of winter) -February

3: Ches (of the sunsets) -March

4: Tarsakh (of the storms) -April

--greengrass--

5: Mirtul (the melting) -May

6: Kythorn (the time of flowers) -June

7: Flamerule (summertide) -July

--Midsummer--(every four years another days is added after midsummer and is called Shieldmeet)

8: Eleasias (Highsun) -August

9: Elient (the fading) -September

--Harvestide--

10: Marpenoth (Leafall) -October

11: Uktar (the rotting) -November

--The Feast of the Moon--

12: Nightall (the Drawing Down) -December
Old 10-21-2002, 09:40 AM   #3
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

The year that NWN is set in is 1372 by the dale reckoning, the year of wild magic. There are thirty days in each month, with each month broken into 3 weeks of ten days each. There are 365 days in the year (12 months of thirty days plus the five odd days that are marked by various holidays). i believe the official year is now 1373, the year of rogue dragons. The current month would be around about Hammer i think.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:06 AM   #4
Ishanda
Dungeon Master

When I last played BG2, I bought a 172pg script book and filled it to the brim, as I used it as a journal. I completed the whole thing with notes, maps, diagrams, drawings, character sketches, anecdotes, an inventory register, tables, etc.

Took me almost as long to complete it as did the actual playing of the game, but I loved every second of it...

It is now lying next to the journals I made for Arcanum and Fallout 2
Ishanda is offline   Reply With Quote