Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-15-2001, 07:03 PM   #21
Kaleban
Manshoon

Well, I joined a clan once for Tribes 2, and although it was fun, too many real life things kept popping up and I had to stop attending "practices"...

Anyways, BG2 may be different due to its fantasy nature and party orientation. I'll tell you though, that unless you know the people in your clan in real life, its hard to keep motivated to play every single time there is a scheduled match or something.

As Kingenigma put it, sometimes its better and more fun (read: mysterious) to be a freelancer. Good kits in BG2 for this are Bards, Assasins, really any rogues or Fighters-types as their themes and character archetypes lend themselves well as mercenaries, or brooding solo anti-heroes...
Old 11-15-2001, 07:17 PM   #22
Grojlach
Zartan

*refers to his signature for his opinion on clans... *
Old 11-15-2001, 08:28 PM   #23
andrewas
Harper

MP BG2. why?

first off, that little cut-scene with the disolving hand, is also in multiplay. so whoever controls the main char _has_ to stay alive, or the game dies for everyone, and you have to re-join and re-load, and its just to much hastle, even on my home LAN. on the net, itd be a nightmare.

plus the crashes etc that blight BG normally are multiplied on-line.

plus theres always one mage who cant keep his fireballs in check.

roll on NWN, which will fix at least my first point.
Old 11-15-2001, 08:35 PM   #24
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

since this one is already off topic I'm going to ask the Mods In it, if its cool to post a recruitment thread on here. I dont want to get anyone else mad at me by posting off topic,but i want to try and get a multiplayer game set up
Old 11-17-2001, 09:56 PM   #25
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
since this one is already off topic I'm going to ask the Mods In it, if its cool to post a recruitment thread on here. I dont want to get anyone else mad at me by posting off topic,but i want to try and get a multiplayer game set up

Azrael if you handt found anyone to do the multiplayer with visit here http://www.xsorbit.com/users2/HADB/index.cgi and go to the multiplayer section. There are always others looking to play. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2001, 10:00 PM   #26
SecretMaster
Apophis

THe clans revive some of the D&D spirit, by making forum quests for people without MP, and Mp. Its for fun, people get duties and such. Its one of those good things in life.
Old 11-18-2001, 12:46 AM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You can find a lot more information about clans in our new Roleplaying Forum, so I'll move this thread there.