Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-17-2001, 11:48 AM   #1
Yinwu

Ahoy!

I've put together quite a good team of buttkickers, but no matter what I do Kangaxx wipes the floor with the dead bodies of my party members every time I've killed him of the first time and he turns into a demi-lich. I cant do any damage to him. I tried using all kinds of speels and magic weapons , but nothing works... not even the sunray spell that normally does serious damage to lichs. I'm starting to get seriously pissed now - its just too ridiculous that no matter what I do I can't hit him.

Hope someone knows of a good trick or to...

C Ya

Old 07-17-2001, 12:34 PM   #2
Smurfan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't quite remember exactly what I used to wipe him from the surface, but I remeber I tried a couple of times and then gave up just to reenter his chamber in the latest stages of the game and then I could take him out. It was pretty hard even then, but this is what I did:

The Demi-Lich can only be killed by +5 weapons and traps your charachter with imprisonment.
First of all I loaded all of my chars up with scrolls of freedom which helps against the imprisonment. I can't recall the name of this, but these scrolls can be found to buy in the Underdark area, so you'll have to do that area first. Each char equipped at least 5 of those and I think almost all was used up before I was done with the lich. (Check the manual for the name of the spell)

Then I fiddeled with my saved game files so both Keldorn and my first charachter (paladin) wielded the Holy Avenger and all of my party members had boots of speed (quicknesss is needed here, most of all).
I used a cloak (can't remember it's name) that spwaned +5 daggers three times a day. (These daggers disapper after 24 hours, so you can only spawn I think 15 all in all - 5 each time - to use). Then I had my spellcasters use a spell I think was called meteor or fire seed or something that inflicts a +5 damage.
(Refer to the manual to find wich one I'm talking about).

Then I loaded my chars up with all sorts of magic boosts like cloud giant strenght, haste, bless, magic shields and God knows all I loaded them with.
I entered and started hacking away.
Save before you enter! I had to reload and retry I think about 3-4 times before I managed to kill the bastard.

There's probably other ways to take him out but this was how I did it. Put one charachter close to the exist in case you have to leave the room to either heal up or re-cast defensive spells.

Good luck!

PS. (Spoiler below...?)
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<
If you rename and copy your saved game files between the singleplayer catalouge and the multiplayer catalogue you can double up equipment your carrying. I can't really recall exactly how I did this, but I remember it had something to do with creating new charchs adn move stuff to and from inventorys between existing charchters and the new one and then move the saved game from multiplayer to single mode again. It sure was a lot of loading/saving and switching game type though...
Fiddle around some and you'll sure get the hang of it.
Just remember to make backups of your saved game file first!
Old 07-17-2001, 01:54 PM   #3
FallenPaladin
Dungeon Master

Strategy to kick Kangaxx's a**:
Give daystar and Vhailors Helm to your best fighter. Take him next to the tomb together with your best thief. Wake up Kangaxx. Before the fight starts, have your thief IMMEDIATELY pickpocket the Lich (so that you get two rings of the Gaxx). Then use Vhailors helm to cast simulularcum (sp?). Use two sunray attacks. One Lich down.
Immediately move your fighter and thief away from the tomb before the Demi-Lich appears. Take your best weapon, (Carsomyr I would suggest) and give it to your best fighter. Cast haste, and protection from magic-abjuration. Watch as the poor Demi-Lich has his skull smashed against your sword, while hopelessly trying to make those Imprisonment spells work.
Old 07-17-2001, 02:12 PM   #4
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

SPOILER for Kangaxx (from Infinity Explorer)
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
First for is a normal lich, kill it like any other lich. Second form has the following properties:
1) immune to all weapons below +4
2) immune to all spells level 1 through 9 (maybe level 10 will work? didn't try)
3) Imprisonment once/round.
Barbarian rage, berserker enrage, spellshield:abjuration and scroll of protection from magic are the only things which make use immune to imprisonment, magic resistance does not help. Protection from undead makes Kangaxx ignore you, but he needs to see at least one character to initiate dialog, otherwise is is inkillable.
Ring of Ram does full damage on him, so use it.
Before chapter 4 I can think of only Staff of Rynn, Staff of Magi, darts from the cloak of stars and Minute Meteors and Sling of Everard are the only things which will affect Kangaxx. So, keep thin in mind and good luck.
Old 07-17-2001, 03:15 PM   #5
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

One other way to kill him is after you kill the normal lich. Move everyone to the far corner and get some one to cast wizard eye. Move the eye up to lich and he will be consumed with taking the eye out. Send one or two tanks and kill him. This is kind of a sad way to take him out. You would think that a demi-lich would be a little smarter then that. This allows lower level charcters to take him out. Try other ways first then try this as a last resort.

------------------

Give me Back my glasses.
Lord of the blind.
Old 07-17-2001, 05:21 PM   #6
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Another way (with a +2 weapon) is

SPOILER
Mace of Disruption.
My fighter hit him once, 2 points of damage, one dead Lich.
I'll never use it again as there was no satisfaction gained at all by my killing him this way.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.

[This message has been edited by Cavern Sniffer (edited 07-17-2001).]
Old 07-17-2001, 05:27 PM   #7
jabidas
Silver Dragon

You know I just love posting this, here we go again from The Baldurdash page.With heartfelt apologies to Paul Simon.

(Sung approximately to the tune of "Fifty Ways To Leave Your Lover," but with some liberties taken with the phrasing)

In old Athkatla in a house down by the dock
Lies an undead necromancer with a death trap on his lock.
If you should meet him you'll be soon deep down in rock
Sent by the Demi-Lich that they call Kangaxx.

If you're a brave one and your weapons are +4
And you've found the golden remains from the other tombs before:
With luck and skill you won't end up at Toril's core.
There must be fifty ways to kill your Kangaxx...
...Fifty ways to kill your Kangaxx.

So don't forget to pocket pick, Rick,
When he's just a plain lich, Mitch,
You'll get two Rings of Gaxx, Max,
Wear cumulatively.

You'll just get one to start, Bart.
And when the first lich is slain, Jane
He'll go to Demi-Lich state, Nate:
Act immediately.

Read your Protection from Magic, Vajic,
Or all read Scrolls of Undead, Fred,
But not until he's gone Demi, Remi,
Or he won't talk to thee.

Summon up a Wizard Eye, Guy;
Kangaxx can't imprison that, Matt.
Cast yourself a Spell Immune, June,
Abjuration's the key.

What sort of weapons does it take to fell this foe
Who's survived without a challenge since centuries ago?
Are they expensive and where do you have to go...
...To get rid of Kangaxx?

Some tools are pricey; perhaps you have no cash to spare
And you can't shoplift from Ribald as the Amnish Guard is there.
With all your abilities it doesn't seem unfair
To have a cheaper way of killing Kangaxx...
...Cheaper way of killing Kangaxx...

Wield the Improved Disrupting Mace, Grace,
Or the Sling of Everard, Gerrard,
You could use the Staff Of Rynn, Lynn,
Better than +3.

Knock him down with Crom Faeyr, Blair,
Or the Magi's Stave, Dave,
Could try the Withering Spear, Keir,
To kill him expensively.

But, the Carsomyr sword, Gord,
Soulreaver from the Demon Knight, Dwight,
Cutthroat from the tomb of Bodhi, Cody:
Can be had for free.

So make all the snares you can, Dan,
And every Fire Elemental, Yentl.
Get Hasted and Berserk, Kirk,
For 55K X.P.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to the Baldurdash Homepage

------------------
Old 07-18-2001, 05:24 AM   #8
The Silent One
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you are really frustrated by the Lich, kill him in a most easy but boring way.

Cast Fire Elemental and use a protection from Magic scroll on it. Kill the Lichs first form and then keep Firey at the front. (Might have to use the scroll after the first form is dead.

Spit on his ashes for me!

TSO
Old 07-18-2001, 07:43 AM   #9
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Scroll of magic protection and upgraded version of mace of disruption (CChhheeeessseaaayyy.......)