Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 07:00 PM   #1
Tormentor
Manshoon

or what?.... is BG2 (and TOB) really the 'final chapter' and there won't be a BG3 ?... am i forced to buy a new pc just to play neverwinter nights then?... (if a BG3 comes out in the future i think i also am forced to buy a new pc to play it anyway, because this celeron 4666 with a 8mb video card surely won't be enough...)
Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:09 PM   #2
Ares

NWN is sorta BG3, but its a totally different storyline (if there is one?). There probly wont be a BG3 at any point in the future cuz i do believe you finish the story in ToB (am i right?, i've never played ToB..yet)

And there is nooo way your Celeron 466 can handle NWN, its goin totally 3d and needs a freakin spaceship comp to run it..
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:10 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

According to "official" BIs and IP sources, BG2:TOB is the end of the Bhaalspawn saga - BUT not necessarily the last in the Baldurs Gate series!

Neverwinter nights is set in the Luskan area of the Realms as is not intended to be BG3. It uses a totally different engine than BG2.

Based on posts at BlackIsle message boards I think we'll see IWD2 and Fallout 3 BEFORE Baldur's gate 3.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:15 PM   #4
Tormentor
Manshoon

IWD2 would be very welcome too [img]smile.gif[/img] (hope they still use the infinity engine tho, maybe even more improved then...) what about PT 2 ?
Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:31 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer

Haven't heard or seen anything that indicates Planescape 2 is in the works, but who knows? There HAVE been a number of "What would you like to see in IWD 2 and Fallout 3?" questions on the Black Isle message boards though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:39 PM   #6
Glorfindel

In Fallout 3 I want 2 c more Humans less alien mosters to put Gauss Bullets in (whoops slightly off topic)
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 08:15 PM   #7
andrewas
Harper

Infinity is dead, long live Aurora.

or to put it another way, all series currently on infinity will transfer to the aurora (ie NWN) engine for their next instalments, with the possible exception of expansion packs (if any) and the definite exception of third party add-ons (ie TDD, DsotSC etc)

there will be no BG3 ever, at least officialy. this is because the plot ends for good in ToB, and the endings branch to the point where it would be almost impossible to continue a plot based upon the bhallspawn. this does not mean that their will never again be a game set in the Baldurs Gate/Amn/Saradush territories of course. so ends the stuff im fairly sure about the future of black isle games.

on NWN, there are not official minimum specs yet, but looking at the shots, graphicaly it dosent beat black&white (for instance) in any significant detail. the models are a bit better, thats about it. and then theres the spell efects. im going to estimate around 800mhz as a decent spec for it, but im gonna go for something a bit meatier than that. as in 2ghz/geforce3.
Old 01-14-2002, 08:19 PM   #8
Glorfindel

Its a real damn that they had 2 end the BhaalSpawn Saga.... I liked the whole Scary underlying power of the PC.... thats wat I think was missing in IWD.... and the fact that most of IWD is underground.... and im Claustrophobic
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 08:27 PM   #9
Mourn Yauntyyr
The Magister

The specs for NWN don't say anything about it not being able to run on a 466 MHz machine...but it does say it requires some video RAM and at least a 3rd generation 3dfx card. The meat of the game ain't gonna be in the graphics, it'll be in the game. And besides, with NWN's designer toolset, you'll be able to make BG III yourself!

check out the NWN website at:
Neverwinter Nights

Mourn Yauntyyr
(Who will be giddy as a little schoolgirl when NWN finally comes out)
Old 01-14-2002, 09:26 PM   #10
fable
Quintesson

P:T is dead. The game didn't do very well, so Interplay killed a followup with the BIS team. Many of the same team members were assigned to TORN, which was killed last year.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote