Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2004, 05:25 PM   #31
Kaltia
Jack Burton

*Thwacks Johnny with butternife*

Yo, dude, long time no banana?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:28 PM   #32
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:

I'm in the melonscene these days.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:30 PM   #33
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:

I'm in the melonscene these days. [/QUOTE]Does Sigmar know? XD

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:32 PM   #34
Zero Alpha

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Something that has not been mentioned is that an uncircumsized man has a higher chance at given a woman an infection due to his potential uncleanliness.
geez, how dirty do you think we are.

the argument 'a forskin is more likely to get infection due to dirty' seems pants to me. its really not hard to spend 30 seconds in the shower to keep yourself clean. and anyway, removal of the forskin will just expose more 'sensitive' parts to whatever diseases you guys have imagined up :-/

also, i would consider anything done to a child without his/her concent mutilation.
Quote:
Nightcloak Said:
Should people be allowed to have their children's ear's pierced?
Should people be allowed to tattoo themselves?
Should women be allowed to get breast implants?
on the childerns ear pearcing: it depends on if they want it. and tatoos and implants are irelivant as they are not against the subjects will. (far from it, they cannot be got untill the person is old enough, and deemed able to decide)
Old 06-07-2004, 05:50 PM   #35
Animal
Gold Dragon

I was circumsized when I was 18, and I'll tell you it was a very uncomfortable couple of days. I did not choose it, rather I had no choice. The foreskin was too tight, which caused problems during...ahem...arrousal.

I certainly wished that my parents had done it when I was a baby, and although I don't have any sons, I wouldn't hesitate at all. I think it's just good preventative medicine.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:59 PM   #36
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Woah, this thread is a bit of an eye-opener to me. You guys are talking like its uncommon to not be circumcised in America??? We don't really discuss stuff like circumcission here but as far as I know not many people are circumcised. I thought it was a very rare thing practised by only Jews and for rare health concerns!

I've never really thought about it as mutilation and I certainly haven't had it done. Ages ago I think I was discussing this with my mother and she said that the doctor told her that if a baby boy's foreskin is regularly pulled back firmly but gently for the first year of life then there will be no problems in later life. No problems such as animal described. It certainly seems to have worked

And as for the cleanliness issue? WTF??? Sorry to be crude, but as people have said, how dirty do you who talk about the cleanliness issue think people are??? It's not like it's hard to wash in the shower as people have said....

[ 06-07-2004, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 06-07-2004, 06:04 PM   #37
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

vaskez, it is not meant in a bad way towards anyone, but my father being in the army, did not have much of a chance to clean it up, so circumsision would have been a better option for him, seeing the pain he goes through now, I am glad I decided to have my son done, because if there comes a time in his life he has any problems arise to prevent him from cleaning up, then it is less to worry aboutm, sounds bad I know, but here in america, it is uncommon not to be done if you are a man, plus, my son was a sever premie, and due to him not being able to be touced for the first months of his life, it could have caused problems later on
Old 06-07-2004, 08:02 PM   #38
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Thats it i'm done, im leaving these forums. Some of you posters go out on a limb and just touch some topics that are just well. . . TOO TOUCHY. I have my own religous beliefs that have been passed down to me, and frankly I believe this article has an undermined meaning within its context.
Just had to touch this one. I don't know enough about circumcision to say anything in this topic...

This forum is perhaps one of the most friendliest and conscientious boards out there. Most of the other boards do not grow to the extent that this one has, or if they do, there is an elitist group of people who feel cool insulting people. This board does not have it. Part of this is because of the Mods, and the way that they enforce the rules here. Another part of it is the way that posters here, as a rule, are mature enough about their discussions so as to not create a flame war. And if it looks like it's going to go that route, then the mods are usually there fairly quickly. Swearing is usually kept to a minimum, which makes for a cleaner environment. I mean, a post that says 'f***' or 'damn' or any of the other swear words every 2 sentences will most likely be met in the same manner. And it only gets worse over time.

Oh, and if you're insulted about the topics (ex: Rabbi and the IRS and this one are the ones I've seen you express displeasure), then do what you would do if any of the people around you talk about topics you're uncomfortable with; walk away. Internet Boards will venture into those waters occasionally. This is a discussion area and people are often intrested as so what others have to say about things. If the topic is too sensitive, then pretty much the only thing you can do it press 'Report Post', or PM a mod, or just stay away from it.

[ 06-07-2004, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 06-07-2004, 10:10 PM   #39
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:

quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Also if you do believe in Circumsion, is that just for boys or do you agree it should be for girls to?
Can someone tell me how the heck a girl can be circumcised without one hell of a steroid overdose? My religious studies class focused on boys ^_^;;. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
It can be argued that circumcision reduces sexual pleasure later in life.
Probably off topic, but I've seen that arguement used before, as to why my friend's boyfriend wouldn't wear a condom during sex. "It gets in the way of my pleasure," he said. "Goodbye," she replied.

[/QUOTE]Take a look at this website Kaltia
http://www.religioustolerance.org/fem_cirm.htm

seems pretty barbarous to me, I can get pretty angry reading sites like that. Animals.

And it depends if Illumina is talking about for women or for men. I don't know about for men, but if you read that site, you'll see that certainly for women it will reduce sexual pleasure, or eliminate it almost completely depending on the type of procedure.

For men at least it doesn't cause permanent damage and may even have positive effects as some people stated.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 06-07-2004, 11:25 PM   #40
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I was talking about for men in my post, but sent Kaltia a PM explaining what it meant in regards to women. I wouldn't ever consider female 'circumcision' a legitimate practice... Mutilation is certainly a better word for it.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.