Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-07-2004, 03:48 PM   #21
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Very intresting topic. I have never put to much thought into since I always thought it was the thing to do with boys. I had it done when I was still a baby. I have no memory of the snip snip.

As far as being mutlation I think that is a little far-fetch of a notion. And yes I do respect your opinion. But if parents at the time think that it is the safetest thing to do for there child, then I have no problem with it. I think every circumstance(no pun) needs to be looked at, Like rev said there may be other problems that might arise that would hinder the child keeping it clean. Or you keeping it clean. If you have kids then I am sure you can understand the busy lifestyles that alot of families have. Sometimes Sydney does not make it in to the bath.

Anyways seems like you have a very strong feeling towards this and it does not matter what people say. I think it will not change your mind.
Old 06-07-2004, 03:50 PM   #22
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I've had bad experiences debating before, so a little forewarning; I don't really intend to argue with anybody here. I'm just commentating and asking questions.

Wellard, I have a feeling that your fear of circumsicion stems from your natural desire to protect yer little man from any harm rather than because it's a mutilation. That's just me, of course, and I'm female, so take that as you will. My brother had it done, though he'd kill me for spilling.

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Also if you do believe in Circumsion, is that just for boys or do you agree it should be for girls to?
Can someone tell me how the heck a girl can be circumcised without one hell of a steroid overdose? My religious studies class focused on boys ^_^;;. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
It can be argued that circumcision reduces sexual pleasure later in life.
Probably off topic, but I've seen that arguement used before, as to why my friend's boyfriend wouldn't wear a condom during sex. "It gets in the way of my pleasure," he said. "Goodbye," she replied.

One last question: What's Christianity's position on it? Catholic and Protestant?

Quietman, no pun may have been intended but I spat my tea over the computer screen at any rate XD.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:22 PM   #23
Nightcloak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thats it i'm done, im leaving these forums. Some of you posters go out on a limb and just touch some topics that are just well. . . TOO TOUCHY. I have my own religous beliefs that have been passed down to me, and frankly I believe this article has an undermined meaning within its context.

Circumcision is mutilation and abuse of children you say?

Should people be allowed to have their children's ear's pierced?
Should people be allowed to tattoo themselves?
Should women be allowed to get breast implants?

::sigh:: ok I know very weak examples o.O but if your complaining about circumcision there are far worse rituals that other cultures practice which someone previously did list, female circumcision. (Anyone ever see those ring lobes they practice in Africa where they mutilate their lips? Not my culture or customs and I don't have a problem with it, unless it causes their deaths, which by the way ive never heard of someone dying of circumcision!)

You have your right to voice your own opinion on what ever it may be, and I have my right to disagree so therefore it is here I stop. Why can't the general discussion be full of things not relating to politics, religion, and race? I'm not saying that this has anything to do with religion but unfortunatly I feel it can lead up to something we really don't want to see.

There are many things about other religions and customs that I can dabble in and point my finger and say WRONG, but its not my way of life, I can't understand it and therefore its none of my bussiness.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:32 PM   #24
Nightcloak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

One more thing for those of you who don't understand why people religously circumsize people. Here it goes, philosophy on why thar be done.

The idea is, man is not a perfect creature in mind and body. G-d miraculously created the world in seven days. So, man enters the world as an imperfect creature, and for those first seven days (speaking religous terms) man remains part of the natural world. On the eight day thar foreskin shalt be cutith! RAWR. Now man is somewhat apart of the natural world, and has a connection with the big pimp daddy himself. It is to symbolize man is not a perfect creature.

Scientifically it has been proven that the removal of the foreskin has shown to prevent certain forms of serious infection.

As for why women would then not be circumsized? Well this is what I don't agree with but well welcome to the MANS world. Women in religion are subordinate to men, its a crappy thing and I don't agree with it on all levels, but hey what can I do?
Besides, female circumcision is probably severly more painful then male circumcision causing medical complications. A topic I would have to research on my own time, which frankly I don't want to see a circumcized woman O.O (or man). Blah what a topic and for the above post well I always have to post my rants [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2004, 04:38 PM   #25
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Something that has not been mentioned is that an uncircumsized man has a higher chance at given a woman an infection due to his potential uncleanliness.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:45 PM   #26
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightcloak:
Thats it i'm done, im leaving these forums. Some of you posters go out on a limb and just touch some topics that are just well. . . TOO TOUCHY.
I'll assume you are serious here and just offer a word of advice to you and others. There is a basic rule that everyone should follow on the internet. If, in light of your experience, you know that reading/debating certain topics is likely to get you into a lather and end in frustration and hurt sensibilities, use that knowledge. Don't get involved

If, however, you choose to ignore your previous experience, don't complain to the powers that be if you end up a little bruised.

Remember, you all have the ultimate power - to close a browser window only takes one mouse click.......

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 06-07-2004, 04:45 PM   #27
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Well at least so long as there are different cultures that have different practices regarding circumcision, women will at least have a choice of what kind of a little guy they like best. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Maybe we'd be better of if we only let adult men get circumcised. If a guy was still "untouched" when he got married, at least he'd have something to offer in trade for genital waxing. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

This whole topic is a whole lotta TMI! TMI!

[ 06-07-2004, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 06-07-2004, 04:59 PM   #28
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

For those of you looking for more (not entirely unbiassed) information, I would direct you to this link. However, as some of the medical language refers to matters of a sexual nature, I would advise against reading if you disturbed by such subjects.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 06-07-2004, 05:11 PM   #29
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
Can someone tell me how the heck a girl can be circumcised without one hell of a steroid overdose? My religious studies class focused on boys ^_^;;. Thank you.
Hm.. I'll field that one via PM.

[ 06-07-2004, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:19 PM   #30
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, i'm not circomsised, but i'm just as clean as any man who is. It's all a simple matter of taking care of your body.

And i'll shoot anyone that comes near my peepee with a sharp object.

[ 06-07-2004, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: johnny ]