Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-30-2001, 09:35 AM   #11
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Did someone mention cricket????????????? Gee, did that link of yours Memmie suggest there are more over 30's in the English squad than there are in the Aussies .

------------------

Nordom, cousin to Davros
Old 04-30-2001, 09:42 AM   #12
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Did someone mention cricket????????????? Gee, did that link of yours Memmie suggest there are more over 30's in the English squad than there are in the Aussies .

Yeah and that's just the youth team

Bring back Beefy!!!!

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 04-30-2001, 12:29 PM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hmmm let's see. Would we prefer an ageing team that's the best in the world and will whup England's botty, or would we prefer an team of young gunna-bees who have no mental strength and play like knobheads? Hmmmmm

------------------
O.K..... what do I do now? Goo goo goo choo?

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-30-2001, 02:47 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Oh goodie, here she comes with the spray again. I prefer the new fragrance to the old one. This one smells like a cross between leather and willow.

Ode to whips and willows, I think it's called...LOL...Hey Donut, no worries, I don't spray insecticides near food

CB

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-01-2001, 04:34 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

Davros, we could be in a bit of trouble here. Swinging a bat and swinging a walking stick is, well, similar, isn't it. That gives the pommy greybeards a bit of an advantage.

------------------
Old 05-01-2001, 04:50 AM   #16
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Yo Genie Dude,

Walking sticks - Ha, they will probably all want special runners like that Arjuna Ranatunga fellow always needs when he is 10 mins into an innings (amazing how it was always a new injury with him ). I'm looking forward to the tour though, we might get to see a few four and five day tests this time around (chuckle guffaw). Even better, I will have a few English mates on this forum to give a hard time to . And in 3 more days I am off to infiltrate their ranks for a few hours (WOOHOO - warm beer - maybe even find Charlie's missing pint ).

------------------

Nordom, cousin to Davros
Old 05-01-2001, 07:07 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Good on ya Davros mate. Keep us posted on your travels if you get the chance just like Yorick did. And tell me if Donut is the cute and cuddly old person that I know he is.

------------------
Old 05-01-2001, 08:49 AM   #18
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Good on ya Davros mate. Keep us posted on your travels if you get the chance just like Yorick did. And tell me if Donut is the cute and cuddly old person that I know he is.
Thanks Memmie,

Although it now looks unlikely I will get to the football now - still, I am a "glass is half full" sort, so it's been good getting to know Donut a bit better (lose out an a ticket, make a new friend is still not a bad trade-off in my book - then again, it was the Gunners wasn't it - wah !!!!). It may still be possible to catch up with him for a beer after the match - who knows, maybe I can pinch his pint while he's not looking . He sent me a photo of the Gunners supporters , but didn't say which one was him LOL.

I'm going to find it hard to get an internet conection in Jamaica, so I expect I will be 3 weeks out of the loop (this is business after all - not a holiday ). Getting back on topic, I wonder if I can catch one of the one dayers against the South Africans while I am there (Life is an opportunity )

Regards

------------------

Nordom, cousin to Davros

[This message has been edited by Davros (edited 05-01-2001).]
Old 05-01-2001, 11:14 AM   #19
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Thanks Memmie,

Although it now looks unlikely I will get to the football now - still, I am a "glass is half full" sort, so it's been good getting to know Donut a bit better (lose out an a ticket, make a new friend is still not a bad trade-off in my book - then again, it was the Gunners wasn't it - wah !!!!). It may still be possible to catch up with him for a beer after the match - who knows, maybe I can pinch his pint while he's not looking . He sent me a photo of the Gunners supporters , but didn't say which one was him LOL.

I'm going to find it hard to get an internet conection in Jamaica, so I expect I will be 3 weeks out of the loop (this is business after all - not a holiday ). Getting back on topic, I wonder if I can catch one of the one dayers against the South Africans while I am there (Life is an opportunity )

Regards

Hi Davros - have you read your email today?

After reading your comments about our resurgent cricket team I'm having second thoughts

Memnoch - who's been talking about me?

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Heading for Cardiff

[This message has been edited by Donut (edited 05-01-2001).]
Old 05-01-2001, 11:31 AM   #20
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Donut,

I just checked my mail again - I have your original message, and you should have received a reply from me on that - have you sent a second one, because I haven't received it if you did??

Hello, that's the Email chime just now - what - OH JOY - "CINDERELLA SHALL GO TO THE BALL" - WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! Gee, I have nothing to wear - break out the cheque book, I need something red - I still have the last Gunners jumper I bought 6 years ago, and it just aint going to fit me - trust me, I will have this detail nailed down before I get there. See you on Saturday mate, this is fantastic!!! And we might discuss the cricket after, over a cleansing ale perhaps.

------------------

Nordom, cousin to Davros