Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2001, 05:24 AM   #1
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Hi, I've just played through SoA with a pure human fighter imported from BG1 and would like a suggestion as to what class/kit/race to try next. I like characters that can get in and mix it up to a certain extent, rather than archers or mages, and I'm fond of the two weapon style. I've been leaning towards a cleric/druid/ranger but I don't know a great deal about the kits for any of these classes. I may try for a half-elf and maybe even dual class him. Any comments would be gratefully received.
Old 06-29-2001, 06:10 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

In that case you might like to play a Ranger dualled to Cleric. You then get access to both Cleric and Druid spells, and you could, for instance, dual wield maces/ war hammers (Crom Faeyr).
If you prefer a pure class, the Cleric kits are all pretty good, none have any disadvantages. If you play a pure class I would pick a Cleric over a Druid, because a cleric can use full plate with a large shield, whereas druids are restricted to leather armour and bucklers. I played a Priest of Lathander the first time I played the game, and I really enjoyed it. I could tank as well as cast some decent spells, a good all-round character.

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-29-2001, 06:33 AM   #3
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Cheers Melusine, I think I'll take the Lathander route as he's always been one of my favourite Forgotten Realms deities. I may even create a multiplayer game and try with two different PC's to flesh out the party a bit.
Old 06-29-2001, 06:44 AM   #4
Glip the Gnome
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you havent already made your character you might want to consider duel classing a theif with another class, probably warrior if you want to be able to take a little damage.

I always play the roguely type as their what gives me the most satisfaction, especially in BG2 though. I'll tell you what, nothing beats sneaking solo down into a dungeon and into a room full of bad guys, backstabbing one of them (crippling or killing them) then ducking around the corner, rehiding and waiting for their friends to arrive so you can do the same to them.

------------------

Glip the Gnome
"Where's My Pants?"
Old 06-29-2001, 08:58 AM   #5
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

If you really want to mix it up, i mean just your general hack 'n' slash type, play a half-orc barbarian.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
Old 06-29-2001, 09:24 AM   #6
TheDutkanator

For the perfect power player, try a Kensai and Dual-Class to Mage. You could solo the game with this easily. (Beat it from beginning to end all by yourself with no outside help. e.g. NPC's or multi-player PC's) This is definately one of my VERY favorites. Also, try a multi-class thief/mage. Elves work well for that especially because of thieving ability bonuses and higher dexterity allowance.

BE WARNED: ONCE YOU TRY THE KENSAI/MAGE, YOU MAY NEVER WANT TO PLAY ANYTHING ELSE!!
------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator

[This message has been edited by TheDutkanator (edited 06-29-2001).]
Old 06-29-2001, 12:02 PM   #7
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Thanks for the input guys. Think I'll definitely try the Kensai/mage combo and I'm considering adding a monk as a second PC.