Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2001, 06:18 AM   #91
Link
Jack Burton

Yeah, yeah, i know, all of ya guys missed me !!! !! Well, i was pretty busy lately (had some pretty rough tests..sorry, can't help that..)
Well.. Now i'm back in the business I'll start answering questions right away. Since Earthdog is the only one bothering to ask any, his questions are the only ones i should answer.
Not allowing handguns. That would only bring trouble with it, and thus totally uncool. Furthermore: what would you do with a handgun in an ancient crypt??? I think he'll be carrying some swort of dagger or something like that. A whip would be nice, but that immediately will look like some cheap Indiana Jones ripp-off.
And I think i will let them come from this world (modern time). That would explain a lot why they were there. Plus i don't like the Medievil times, so that brings me to that conclusion.

Finally: GLAD I WOKE UP?????? Bastard! you somehow got yourself 160 posts....

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 05-28-2001, 12:45 PM   #92
Legolas the Elven Archer

After four pages of text the storyline is getting a little complicated so would you please give another short summary of the ingame story so far?
thanx

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 05-28-2001, 06:56 PM   #93
Bleys
Dungeon Master

Heres a thoughts, if the hero did have a hadgun and whent to another world, he would have no way to get new bullets, but it would be a good weapon to start with as if the hero lands starts off in a temple this could help him escape, but put somthing in so there are no bullets run out soon or it gets lost or somthing like that.

Are you making the game have a liniar plot with a few side quests, or more open were there are several ways of compleating the game, or an almost compleatly openended game like daggerfall?
Old 05-28-2001, 08:27 PM   #94
Scottith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Go to WWW.gameguides.com and download the BGII stratagy guide. It has a complete list of ever charactor in the game.
Old 05-29-2001, 01:11 AM   #95
Scottith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

LINK:

What about this, it's the middle of the dark-ages and a mighty king sends an exploration team to search for his kingdoms wizard who went looking for some magical artifact or something. the exploration team comes upon the pyramid and outside they find the wizards staff stuck in the ground at the base of the pyramid thinking the wizard is inside the team inters the pyramid and finds its way to that hall and gets transported into the other world. That allows you to have different classes, multiple characters and a subquest to find a powerful edition to your team(the wizard).
Old 05-29-2001, 04:22 AM   #96
Link
Jack Burton

MAN! I really appreciate all the ideas. I dunno which one to chose yet, but i like the one with the wizard best. The handgun thing is pretty cool, but it would turn out useless in case of a ghost.
Well.. As for the storyline so far:

You will be transported to a different (parallel or something) Earth, called (probably) the Halfworld. This world is inhabited by all sorts of creatures (elves, gnomes, trolls, etc.) To find your way home, you must defeat the Upholder of the Demon Realm. He is very powerful, but you don't know where he is. You are the Chosen One, the only one who is able to fight with the mythical Sword Jurin. That, of course is the only weapon that can defeat the Upholder.

The get to the Upholder you have to fulfill a couple of quests. I haven't thought of any of them, but one could be to help a Cliff Elf in his quest for maturity (read that part at page 3). That would give you a character for your group.

For more detailed information you'll have to read the entire topic, and especially the long ones written by me i'm afraid. This was a short summary of it all, but to really understand everything, you'd have to read it all.

BTW: Legolas: Tolkien fan??
------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......

[This message has been edited by Link (edited 05-29-2001).]
Old 05-29-2001, 06:32 AM   #97
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Welcome Back From Holiday Link. I dont think guns would be too good of an idea.
A flashlight would be a much better idea. Or say the guy had a Frisbee in his backpack and at some point in the game he actually has to use it to help get an iem. or maybe even mor that once. Theres all kinds of modern stuff that could have short usages. We all know batteries dont last forever so a short wave radio or cb radio could be an interesting little gadget with some obscure use.

Confused even more now???? lmao

Take it easy Link

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2001, 06:37 AM   #98
Link
Jack Burton

Bastard....

------------------
Old 05-29-2001, 06:44 AM   #99
Bleys
Dungeon Master

Here is an idea for the sword, how about giving it out straight away, but have it drained of power, and a lot of the quest revolve around restoring it's power. You could have it so that depending on what quests you do and how you complete them decides on what the swords powers are.
Old 05-29-2001, 06:47 AM   #100
Rolzi_69
The Magister

Well i could give you some but dont laugh:
Silver,Red,Gold,Green and Pearl Dragon
Hobbits,pit lords, iron,diamond,golden,stone,fire,air,water golems
fire,water,air elementals and mostly just copyoff other games is all i can say
i have a very wide knowledge of monsters but still are unsure wot ur after
sorry if i didnt help enuff

------------------
Rolzi_69 will reign supreme over all!!!!