Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I just started Chapter 2 and ran into a couple, who turn out to be werewolves. I can't seem to kill them. That's one thing that I don't like about NWN2, is that in battle, except for that scrolling box which you don't have time to really keep an eye on, you don't know how much you are taking your opponent down. I mean, for all I know I almost killed one of them, but I can't tell! All I know is I can't kill them, and the STUPID "strategy guide" I bought doesn't even mention them, can you believe that? So do I need to hunt for perhaps a silver weapon? Or perhaps they are just too high of a level for me right now. Oh, that's another thing, how can you tell what level you are on LOL?

I don't think these werewolves are a part of any main quests, but I still wanted to at least get their drops cause I'm still dead broke. Tried to download the "Merchant's Friend" from the Atari site, registered there, but it didn't accept my CD code. My CD code has a lot of i's and o's that could be ones or zeros. I hate CD codes like that, because it would take me many times and many combinations to get it typed in right, complete bulls***.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:07 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

can't you get your cd code from the cdkey.ini or somesuch file just like it was in NWN1?
Old 12-23-2006, 08:38 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I just started Chapter 2 and ran into a couple, who turn out to be werewolves. I can't seem to kill them. That's one thing that I don't like about NWN2, is that in battle, except for that scrolling box which you don't have time to really keep an eye on, you don't know how much you are taking your opponent down. I mean, for all I know I almost killed one of them, but I can't tell! All I know is I can't kill them, and the STUPID "strategy guide" I bought doesn't even mention them, can you believe that? So do I need to hunt for perhaps a silver weapon? Or perhaps they are just too high of a level for me right now. Oh, that's another thing, how can you tell what level you are on LOL?

I don't think these werewolves are a part of any main quests, but I still wanted to at least get their drops cause I'm still dead broke. Tried to download the "Merchant's Friend" from the Atari site, registered there, but it didn't accept my CD code. My CD code has a lot of i's and o's that could be ones or zeros. I hate CD codes like that, because it would take me many times and many combinations to get it typed in right, complete bulls***.
Silver - get yourselves some silver weapons AND buy some belladona. Get enough for each part member and use it like a potion. It provides protection against werewolves! First time through I use normal weapons and no belladona - little furry ba$tard$ kicked my butt all over that cave and left the bones for their wolves. Second time I went in with JUST the belladona and it made a HUGE difference. Third time I went in with both and the fight was SOOO easy it was ridiculous. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Actually the werewolves are a big part of Calindra's "Find Bradbury" quest and Calindra is one of the miners you need to recruit for the Keep .....

Contact Atari tech support - on CD code problems they DO respond. If you don't have any luck, let me know.

[ 12-23-2006, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:15 PM   #4
Ladyzekke

Ah, thanks Micah! I'll search around and try to get that belladona and some silver weapons, hopefully Port Llast will have them? Not met Calindra yet I don't think. Either way, glad there is hope LOL, and also that I'm not the only one who found that "couple" a complete pain in the butt LOL, oh and yah, their frikken giant wolf companions don't help matters!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 12-24-2006, 01:20 AM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
can't you get your cd code from the cdkey.ini or somesuch file just like it was in NWN1?
Yes you can. When I was forced to reinstall I just copied and pasted it in when asked.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:19 AM   #6
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

If you right-click the creature your attacking you get a screen which showes how much health they have left. If you hold down the RMB then a dropdown menu comes where you can for example examine them. You can see your level by pressing the C-button or accesing the dropdown menu in the lower lefthand corner (unless you have changed UI) and selecting Character Screen.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:51 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Ah, thanks Micah! I'll search around and try to get that belladona and some silver weapons, hopefully Port Llast will have them? Not met Calindra yet I don't think. Either way, glad there is hope LOL, and also that I'm not the only one who found that "couple" a complete pain in the butt LOL, oh and yah, their frikken giant wolf companions don't help matters!
Calindra is at the Inn in Port Llast. Off in one of the corners, past the lying lout Elgun and the ranger Malin.

IIRC, Nya in port llast has belladona and Par in the MQ has it as well. I'm pretty sure it was a fairly common item on most of the merchants. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ignore the wolves and focus on the two little furballs instead. The wolves might do a little damage but the werewolves can be nasty. One other tip: if you are still having trouble, you might want to consider doing everything else up around Llast, Ember and duskwood first, then go back to the Sunken flagon and drop ALL of your spellcasters and go fighter heavy. Add Casavir, Khelgar, and Bishop (you have to have Shandra) and then go wolf hunting. It's a bit cheesy but hey it's not illegal. [img]smile.gif[/img] Then go back and swap Sand back in for the trial. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 12-25-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
Ladyzekke

Oh cool, Elgun is in Port Last then! Was wonderin! Another thing I have to mention that bugs is the Journal, it doesn't always tell you where to go, and sometimes quests seem to remain and not move over into the "Completed" quest section either when they should I think. Or maybe not. All I know is I sprinkled that wormwood or what the hell ever on bodies in Ember for Nya. But it still is in my journal as if it is unfinished. Nya doesn't mention it at all when I speak to her now, it is a "let me see what you have for sale" or "farewell" type deal now. Blah. Either way, I have an Elgun quest in my journal from days ago, and I didn't remember the details of the quest or where I acquired the quest LOL, and it doesn't tell me in the journal dangit LOL. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] So thanks for telling me, and tomorrow I'm off to find that Elgun dude ha!

Oh, have another question (once again my strategy guide mentions nothing of this). In Duskwood, the giant spider in the cave off to the side who does not attack but tries to talk to you? LOL, what do you do with it? I tried to dispel magic on it but that didn't do anything (even greater dispel magic too LOL). I'm thinking maybe next to try maybe a remove curse spell? What'ya think LOL? What's the deal with that frikken spider cause I'm done with that area otherwise, and would like to move on, but that ONE thing still remains that I didn't complete or finish or even know what the heck LOL...Is there a book of Giant Spider Talk maybe? Perhaps it might be entitled "Speaking with Mandibles"? or "web graphics 101"? LOL.

Anyways, tonight I got the two furry ones Micah LOL. I did manage to buy belladona, but had to travel around to get enough for everyone (think Port Last only gave me one). And I also was only able to find two silver weapons, a schmitar and a dagger, and trust me I travelled around all over the show to towns to every merchant! But it was OK, cause the two silver weapons I found worked out fine, I used one with my main character and hacked at the female werewolf, and I had Kelgar use the other silver weapon and hack at the male one. The other NPCs were on their own with the dire wolf pets LOL.

Oh and where oh where can I find this "ini" file with my CD code I can just copy and paste? I looked in my NWN2 file and saw no such beast. Of course I'm dumb so please reply like I'm, five. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Oh and off topic, ROTFL how I love Sand. Haven't had him for long, he's not impressed me more than say Qara yet, but his voice and the snobby ass lines he says cracks me up!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 12-26-2006, 01:03 AM   #9
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Oh cool, Elgun is in Port Last then! Was wonderin! Another thing I have to mention that bugs is the Journal, it doesn't always tell you where to go, and sometimes quests seem to remain and not move over into the "Completed" quest section either when they should I think. Or maybe not. All I know is I sprinkled that wormwood or what the hell ever on bodies in Ember for Nya. But it still is in my journal as if it is unfinished. Nya doesn't mention it at all when I speak to her now, it is a "let me see what you have for sale" or "farewell" type deal now. Blah. Either way, I have an Elgun quest in my journal from days ago, and I didn't remember the details of the quest or where I acquired the quest LOL, and it doesn't tell me in the journal dangit LOL. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] So thanks for telling me, and tomorrow I'm off to find that Elgun dude ha!

Oh, have another question (once again my strategy guide mentions nothing of this). In Duskwood, the giant spider in the cave off to the side who does not attack but tries to talk to you? LOL, what do you do with it? I tried to dispel magic on it but that didn't do anything (even greater dispel magic too LOL). I'm thinking maybe next to try maybe a remove curse spell? What'ya think LOL? What's the deal with that frikken spider cause I'm done with that area otherwise, and would like to move on, but that ONE thing still remains that I didn't complete or finish or even know what the heck LOL...Is there a book of Giant Spider Talk maybe? Perhaps it might be entitled "Speaking with Mandibles"? or "web graphics 101"? LOL.

Anyways, tonight I got the two furry ones Micah LOL. I did manage to buy belladona, but had to travel around to get enough for everyone (think Port Last only gave me one). And I also was only able to find two silver weapons, a schmitar and a dagger, and trust me I travelled around all over the show to towns to every merchant! But it was OK, cause the two silver weapons I found worked out fine, I used one with my main character and hacked at the female werewolf, and I had Kelgar use the other silver weapon and hack at the male one. The other NPCs were on their own with the dire wolf pets LOL.

Oh and where oh where can I find this "ini" file with my CD code I can just copy and paste? I looked in my NWN2 file and saw no such beast. Of course I'm dumb so please reply like I'm, five. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Oh and off topic, ROTFL how I love Sand. Haven't had him for long, he's not impressed me more than say Qara yet, but his voice and the snobby ass lines he says cracks me up!
Lots of spoilers coming -

Double check behind and between all of the buildings in ember for bodies. If the quest isn't completing, there might be a body that you overlooked. It's easy to do. Hit the "Z" key to highlight them to make them easier to find.

Try taking Elanee in with you to talk to the spider, oh and you make sure you take that insect collection that the two furry folk had. You know how much spiders like bugs for lunch, right? lol

The Elgun quest is a precursor to the trial. Elgun claims to have been a survivor of the Ember massacre and will likely be a witness against you unless you can discredit his story. Try talking to everyone in the town before you confront Elgun. Some of them have some interesting information for
you. Then go back and confront Elgun. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sand has some of the best voice-overs in the game. And his repartee with Torio at the trial is hilarious - ESPECIALLY his final closing line. One of the funniest moments in the game. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Go to C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2
Look for nwn2cdkey.ini
If it isn't there, simply do a file search for that file

Old 12-26-2006, 09:06 PM   #10
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Well LadyZ, I can honestly say that this is one time I am glad for "Spoilers". I haven't even gotten into "Act2" yet, but when I saw "werewolves" in your thread title I decided to have a peak. Later that same day while I was clearing out an underground level I came accross an "Alchemists silver dagger". I think it ended up being worth only "2 gold". Normally I would have unloaded it but in this case, thanks to your thread I know to hang on to every silver weopon I can get my hands on, as well as any "belladona" I can find.
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote