Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-13-2001, 06:30 PM   #1
LazyBoy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i can't get to shinwiki because there is a stupid toad villager suspended in mid air within the tunnel passage and he won't move, nor can i push him out of the way. i have tried leaving and coming back but he is still there. i have also tried stacking up crates in order to jump over the dufis but the ceiling is too low. all of my saved games are after the initial glitch, because i went to the village early on and went back after finishing up the cript. i have completed any and all guild quests related to the toad village but i can't get past this goofy frog or whatever the hell it is!! i have gone ahead and killed the whole village and the shaman and was able to access the trap door and go on to the circle of scabbans. but what i really want to know is if this special gift (spear/staff) that the shaman gives you, is needed later in the game, because i couldn't find it after killing him. and one more thing, am i going to be punished by the gods for killing the friendly toad people (including mekdawa-for exp.points) since i took that "quick, unbending, and permanent" oath??? help!!

------------------
LazyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 06:35 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I have a semi-simple solution. Because you can get promotions from quests at the other two towns, and because Shinwiki's Spear isn't that great, why not wait until you get a little more experienced? Meaning when you get Create Portal and Teleport (which may seem like a long way, but if you work at it), then come back and teleport the fool somewhere else. I know this may seem like a dumb idea, but it beats killing him and getting caught.

------------------
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 06:45 PM   #3
slug
Manshoon

it is much quicker to kill this one toad, then to try all the tricks to get by. you must do the deed with one blow however. if he can't cry out then your cover is safe. if he let's out one peep then all toads will hate you.

i used meteor myself. if you don't have a spell that can kill a toad in one shot, then you are not ready for shinwiki's quest anyway. as i have mentioned a few times with general nodding and agreement, killing that one is for the good of all toads.

i have a theory about that toads motivations i put up in some forgoten thread.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 07:55 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The game does not enforce the oath you took to get the signet ring the result of which is that you can (as many players have) kill many creatures that otherwise you might not.

So, if you want to try killing the toad to get by him (did you try using your smallest character to squeeze by him?) - SAVE YOUR GAME FIRST!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 08:24 PM   #5
Hana
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I went into "talk mode", then retraced my steps. He followed me and I slipped past him!
Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 03:28 PM   #6
kaythen
Dungeon Master

If you won't feel guilty, Kill those anoying frogs. I tried to be patient as possible with all npcs though.
kaythen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 06:37 PM   #7
Moni

I too had gone there too early and had all saved games with the toad stuck in the tunnel.
At a higher level (like 6 or 7) the other toads did not mind me killing the one in the way. It took more than one blow but all I got out of the nearest toad was something like "Toads good. Do not hurt or toads become bad"
No more crazed, blood-thirsty toads screaming "warm skins bad!" anymore. What a relief!

: )
Moni
Old 03-14-2001, 07:32 PM   #8
skywalker
Banned User

Kaythen!

Toad people not like warmskin call us frogs. Kaythen is badda ooki! You go back to warnskin land!
Oh, kill frogs not toads, Mekdawa understand, ukabu understand! Goodbye warmskin!

Mekdawa
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 08:29 PM   #9
Gaius Pecunia
Dungeon Master

You can also talk to Shinwiki from *outside* of his hut. If you noticed, when you walk in the water, toads talk to you from seemingly nowhere. They are actually above you in the huts. Sometimes you will see a spear sticking out. I forget where exactly Shinwiki was, but I spoke with him several times from the water.
Gaius Pecunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 10:50 PM   #10
LazyBoy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks for your help everyone, i finally figured it out. Slug's sugestion seemed to work out the best, i just blasted the amphibian with my meteor spell and went on my merry way. of course the key to this situation was to make sure that no other FROGS (Skywalker) could hear or see me do the deed!

LazyBoy

------------------
LazyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote