Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 01-31-2005, 12:11 AM   #1
Enwareth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm new to the forum [img]smile.gif[/img] ...Um, I've already beaten the game--although one character died (I mean he got eliminated) in the process--and I did it w/o any patches or mods (cuz I didn't know about them). So, I signed up figuring that there must be something out there to up the intensity of the game...I found some pretty awesome stuff, mainly debugging patches and that program where you can modify everything about your characters.
But I was thinking that it'd be real neat if there was a program that would allow one to design and use their own weapons or items...or even a patch that added really spiffy weapons or items to the game. (And I don't know what words to use when searching for something like that)

So my question--finally--is are there programs/patches for weapons/items?
---Oooh, or spells...that'd be so cool... [img]graemlins/chaos.gif[/img]
Enwareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 06:03 AM   #2
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

I don't think there are spell additions but i do believe weapons can be made...

If you want a challenge why not go into HoW? With one character? I'm sure you'll find goblins will be able to hack you down!
Old 01-31-2005, 08:05 AM   #3
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

I know of a mod that adds an extra merchant in Targos, and HoF mode (not HoW, that is IWD1) allows you to find many powerful items. Basically, every named item (eg. Wandering Sky) will be upgraded and renamed (eg. Saga of the Wandering Sky) to add more power. You'll need it, as HoF is bloody hard

BTW, Welcome to Ironworks! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:03 AM   #4
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

HoF Rules! DLTCEP can be used to make IWD 2 weapons. And if you think the start is too easy, download Undead Targos mod, and then come to talk.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:28 PM   #5
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

Oops...HoF...there are so many 3 letter game variants....
Old 01-31-2005, 07:37 PM   #6
Hopeless Necromantic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

http://weidu.org/iwd2.html

A few mods.
Hopeless Necromantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:28 AM   #7
Enwareth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks everyone! I couldn't reply sooner because I've been side tracked, I'll check out the mods asap....I'm starting another game, in HoF mode--I tried doing it once but lost interest...but I'm determined now...I can't wait for a horde of (10) goblins to hack down my monk!
Thanks again, for the info and welcome!
Old 02-01-2005, 10:47 AM   #8
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Remember, HoF mode is designed to import your characters into it from the end of the game, with all the goodies and xp gained already. It is somewhat suicidal (though, if my sources are correct, doable) to start a new party in HoF mode.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:03 AM   #9
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

All you need is a level 15 party. It's most doable, trust me, I've done it about 5-6 times, once even solo. But, alas, I must admit, the one that finished it solo was just a tad bit powergamed.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:50 PM   #10
Enwareth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Unfortunately, my previous game (in normal mode) had been erased...mainly cuz I was upset that my favorite character got eliminated so close to the end. But, knowing that I have to start w/Lv15 characters, I'm going to "generate" some...keeping the powergaming as minimum as possible. Considering that I don't want to go through the normal levels again to get my characters to where they were originally.

I was thinking of having a Paladin of Helm, Monk of the Old Order, Cleric of Helm (i think), Thief, Sorcerer, and Wizard. I know, a lot of spell casters, but I'm sick of always choosing a party of 2 fighters, 1 cleric, 1 thief, 1 mage, and 1 barbarian.

Thanks again
Enwareth is offline   Reply With Quote