Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2004, 11:22 PM   #1
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Hey guys.

Just wondering.... I haven't actually played through TOB yet (I do own it, though), and I was just wondering how much game time it actually adds. I can recollect (barely) that it said it only added one dungeon (watchers keep)... so I got to thinking...

"hey, this cant add too much game time, can it?"

So, here I am now asking you this question:

How much game time does TOB add to SOA? Or, if you like, how much gameplay is there in TOB in relation to SOA?

Thanks guys, and please, as the heading says, NO SPOILERS. It's not really a thread with the oppurtunity to do so, but, still, wanna cover myself

-Dave
Dave_the_quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 01:16 AM   #2
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

IMO it is like 2/3 of SoA.
Old 10-23-2004, 03:49 AM   #3
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Oh, Jeez. Didn't realise it went for so long. Thats actually a good thing.

Thanks Lman.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:39 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I disagree--I'd call it roughly 1/4th of SoA. (Of course, different people spend different amounts of time doing SoA.)

A lot of it is due to the fact that your spellcasters are higher-level: More spellslots means more big fights per day, which means ripping right through the plot.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:46 AM   #5
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'd agree with Six. It's about 1/5 to 1/3 of SoA. For example, if it took you about 50/60 game days to get through SoA, you could probably get through ToB in about 10-15 game days. However, there is much less travelling around (in the map) in ToB than in SoA.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 06:14 AM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

FFFFFF">~snip~

[ 10-25-2004, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 09:23 AM   #7
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

I'll agree with SixOfSpades and Lord and say that TOB is about a third to a quarter the amount of potential game-play as SOA. But don't just assume there's only "one more dungeon". Yes, Watcher's Keep is probably the most comprehensive dungeon area, in the entire BG series but you'll also fight your way through 4 or 5 strongholds of various Bhaalspawn, a couple of small towns with minor sub-quests, and other encounters here and there, so it is somewhat like the SOA experience, just a bit more linear.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:45 PM   #8
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
FFFFFF">~snip~
THANKS FOR THE BLOODY SPOIL, XEN.

I'm only slightly miffed... did you NOT read the title, or the first post? If you had, you might've realised that I have NEVER played TOB before... and HAD no clue what it was about.

Oh well. Please just be more careful. You may not think that it was really a spoiler, but, well.... it seems like you just blew the whole plot.

[ 10-25-2004, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Old 10-24-2004, 10:33 PM   #9
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

At least he didn't tell you there names and how to kill them and the really BIG spoiler that comes along later in the expansion.

It didn't really spoil that much Dave. Trust me there are HEAPS of surprises left for you in terms of plot twists and turns.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:26 AM   #10
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

K Timbo. Sorry for blowing up. Gah... gotta learn to restrain myself

I just was having a bit of trouble with BG2 and was frustrated. Sorry if I offended Xen.