Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 11-28-2001, 04:51 AM   #1
Darkman

I have read about how these two pairs will face off against each other and eventually throw down. I am very interested to see Jah and Kha lay the smack down, but so far it's been all talk. Is there a certain time frame that must elapse before they will fight each other? Me and Imoen have been egging them on for several days now to no avail. Perhaps Jah & Kha will not initiate the final confrontation until the party reaches Nashkell? (we are in Beregost at the moment)
Old 11-28-2001, 07:54 AM   #2
Zbyszek

In my case it has happened (no patch, no ToSC) in Friendly Arm Inns - about 10-15 minutes after Jaheira and Khalid have joined my party.
I think it is random, and very rare - never happened again.
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 10:45 AM   #3
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

I have read accounts of that fight breaking out in the Nashkel mines. It does sound like fun, I've been meaning to check it out too.
Old 11-28-2001, 11:55 AM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It's happened to me a couple of times--the last one occurred in record time, about nine seconds after I picked up Jah & Khalid. I was kinda wounded, so I had Jahiera heal me before we went to sleep. Enraged that someone would use such a clean, sanitary, non-offensive spell right in front of them, Xzar and Monty went apeshit. So we whacked them....Not that I'd miss them or anything. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2001, 12:49 PM   #5
Campino

I never even bother taking xzar and montaron along.Imho my party is better of without them.
Old 11-28-2001, 01:23 PM   #6
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Sorry to stray from the main topic a bit here...

quote:
Originally posted by Campino:
I never even bother taking xzar and montaron along.Imho my party is better of without them.

I have only used Xzar and Monty just upon leaving Candlekeep to help defeat the assassin at FAI, then dropped them. But from the dialogue trasnscripts I've seen on walkthroughs it looks like Xzar and Monty both have some pretty funny lines. I want to play an all evil party eventually and I intend to use Monty as my thief. He has decent stats and I like his soundset. I've heard he's very good with the crossbow, and a surprisingly strong character after he levels up some. Xzar will have to go, I think, as I'm probably going to play a mage myself.
Old 11-28-2001, 02:07 PM   #7
Vampire

No contest

Jaheira and Khalid wins anyday

socially ofcourse
Old 11-28-2001, 02:46 PM   #8
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

I don't think there are two more annoying couples in any game going! And Jaheira/Khalid would definitely win any given day. Khalid is a superb fighter (even if his 'heart really isn't in this'), though why he hasn't stuck a sock in Jaheira's mouth to shut her up long before is anyone's guess. I use her more as a fighter than anything, tho, and if she dies, well it was in the line of duty...

Monty is ok. Xzar is just about useless and I've never kept him alive long enough to see if he improves with leveling [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Never had any trouble between the two couples, tho, other than the bitching Jaheira *always* does.

I started an evil party (more so I could use the 'smart ass' answers than anything! [img]smile.gif[/img] ) Immy came along and no one hastled her, which was good since I had such a soft spot for her Of course I was an evil paladin, and she was convinced she could 'save' me.....
Old 11-28-2001, 03:33 PM   #9
norompanlasolas

When I play evil I usually play a necro, and in my party there is not enough room for 2 necros... so its bye bye mr xzar. I usually wait until I hear one of his smart ass responses to kill him, hehe...
Old 11-28-2001, 03:42 PM   #10
Midget Gems

My brother played Jaheira/Khalid + Xzar/Montaron all the way to the end. They fought each at regular intervals, so he just kept re-loading. The original Midget Gems party contained Tiax and Quayle and they eventually came to blows in the streets of Baldurs Gate. Can't remember who won though!