Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default Calling all NC Patriot Guard Brothers

I cannot make it. If any here can, you know who to contact.

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2011/01/27/fa...uneral-protest

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Calling all NC Patriot Guard Brothers

Sadly, those evil peckers from Kansas will do their bit. I hope and trust the PGR will be able to ensure that this fallen soldier may be buried in peace.

For those unfamiliar, there should be a ride captain coordinating things with the family's permission.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:46 AM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleau View Post
Sadly, those evil peckers from Kansas will do their bit. I hope and trust the PGR will be able to ensure that this fallen soldier may be buried in peace.

For those unfamiliar, there should be a ride captain coordinating things with the family's permission.
The "ride captain" meets with the local police and fire chiefs and they plan accordingly. We would usually send riders to that area as it falls within our reach, but the weather conjoined with the three mountain ranges are our adversary.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Sad Re: Calling all NC Patriot Guard Brothers

I wish I could go, being that it's here in North Carolina. It's 4 hours from where I currently live. I'd have to leave in the next twenty minutes to make it on time but I just woke up and my wife's leaving me with the kids this morning.

I wonder if we couldn't have some kids with sling shots hired under cover to run these guys off? You know, some juveniles hiding in the bushes and firing marbles or rocks at their legs or something. Would anyone really mind? I am kind of surprised to see that somebody has not come up with a way to scare these people off. Surely there could be some way.

I tell you though...there will be some person at one of these funerals one of these days who will be upset enough that their family member's funeral is being ruined by these creeps and that person will do something lawless against them. It's inevitable, I think. Grief and anger mixing together...somebody will snap one of these days and take it upon themselves to shut them up and make an example to anybody else who might think to try such a stunt in the future. I just read today of the wife of a military official was depressed and pissed enough that her children were sassy-mouthed and whatever that she shot them both dead. If a mother can do that to her own children...what will a mother do to these fools when her son or daughter's funeral is being protested? It's gonna happen, I think.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Enforcement of everybody's 1st amendment right through calm intervention is the key to success Larry. In my experience, the Police chief grants a notable intersection for the protesters to secure. A unmarked cruiser patrols the route within minutes of the procession beginning. Like clock work, just as the procession nears the intersection the two biggest firetrucks in the area moves from a close-out-of-sight-location and blocks the protesters from the view of the procession. Simultaneously, the lead PGR section surrounds all the lead vehicles with family and ride abreast through the intersection.

There has always been a trail cruiser with 4 PGR ensuring no other vehicles have joined the procession, and they deploy broadside of the cemetery entrance, creating a TCP.

I have witnessed several protested funeral processions, and all have been made ineffective from the actions of "ALL" parties involved to ensure the procession is not disrupted.

I have never seen a WBC protester get within harms distance of any family member, ever!

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 01-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

That is reassuring. Thanks for detailing that for me. How did the one go for the 9 year old girl and the fans that were going to make those angel wings as a barrier? Do you know?
Old 01-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #7
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_OHF View Post
That is reassuring. Thanks for detailing that for me. How did the one go for the 9 year old girl and the fans that were going to make those angel wings as a barrier? Do you know?
That mission stood down as did the WBC. The governor signed a law prohibiting them from protesting. I do not know the rest.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 01-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #8
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Thanks for that description, Felix. While I agree that calm intervention is the key to success, I agree with Larry that some emotionally distraught family member will eventually take more direct action. And I seriously doubt there's a jury that would convict them...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRider View Post
Thanks for that description, Felix. While I agree that calm intervention is the key to success, I agree with Larry that some emotionally distraught family member will eventually take more direct action. And I seriously doubt there's a jury that would convict them...
Actually, inciting just such a reaction is precisely what Phelps and his family try to do with these protests. Then they can file a lawsuit. If they aren't allowed to protest, they will file a lawsuit claiming their Constitutional rights have been violated. If someone actually does attack them, they will have even more grounds for a lawsuit.

I recently came across an article detailing the strategies they incorporate for their protests. While Phelps became nationally recognized for his campaign against homosexuals (supposedly based on his religious views), it never made sense to me (as a Christian) that this same hate and vitriol would be transferred to American soldiers who are just serving their country. The article points out that Phelp's "religious" rhetoric is just that - rhetoric. Phelps doesn't really believe his message, he and his family (ALL of whom are lawyers) simply try to create the most inflammatory message possible in hopes of inciting reactions for which they can file lawsuits.

Here is the article that gives a more detailed description of just what the Phelps Family really stands for....Fred Phelps is a Con Man
Old 01-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

So wait, by their logic, if America disallowed homosexuality, their soldiers would become immortal? Because they claim this soldiers death is a punishment from God. Weird thing is, other nations outlaw homosexuality and yet their people still die from bullets just the same...

These guys also panned a protest at the funeral of the little girl who was shot in the Arizona shootings.