Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-23-2001, 09:54 PM   #51
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Oh, Moridin, Moridin! Sometimes I wonder about you! I really do! You REALLY think military action is going to bring peace and prosperity to the Afghanis?

Sorry. I wasn't going to say anything else!

I wasn't going to say anymore either, but you forced me

My assumption is just as valid as the assumptions that our military is going to bomb the S*** (these are someone elses words) out of the country. The point I am trying to make is that mobilizing the military does not neccessarily lead to a rampant bombing campaign. We do not know the outcome, perhaps I am underestimating my government and they will prove me wrong, but I can at least hope that this military campaign will not involve carpet bombing innocents...why does everyone have to look at it in the most negative light?

Please do not misread my viewpoint Fjlotsdale...I too sometimes worry about you

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-23-2001, 09:55 PM   #52
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorathon:
I was hoping someone would advise me if the ending that I seem to be consistently getting is the correct one. I beat Draak, go back to town, put the Astral Hand on the Monolith, get trapped by the townsfolk, and end of game?? Is this right????
Wrong area. Go to the forum of the applicable game.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-23-2001, 10:01 PM   #53
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
THE LORD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES - Proverbs. We're just gonna help those suckas. Think of us as real estate brokers - just your friendly, worldwide real estate agent. We feel their pain, we're just going to help them with their final real estate deal, and buy them their very own piece of real estate, 6 feet under. Really, our intentions are just misunderstood, the jealous mewlings of those who are not so fortunate as to recieve our help in the real estate field. Well, you know how to get it now, don't you?

JJ, this is really not what I'd come to expect from you! I know that what many of us fear is the killing of innocents over there and NO MATTER HOW ANGRY WE ARE...NOTHING excuses deliberate killing of innocents. Vengeance isn't the answer, justice is. (F..this one's for you )

With God's Grace we will only target and take out terrorist camps and if we are really lucky, Bin Laden will surrender himself. I don't hold out much hope for that, but it would make this much easier to deal with.

Honestly, everyone. This is such a terrible situation. I hate seeing us all argue and fuss.

I'm eternally grateful that I'm not sitting in the White House or Pentagon making these decisions right now. Because I think this might very well be the toughest set of choices any of those people will ever face.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-23-2001, 10:04 PM   #54
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

LOL, that was weird! Was actually reading Lorathon's post and trying to pertain it to the conversation LOL. Got really confused LOL.

I hope he got his answers, I would have loved to have helped him, but not sure what game he was referring to, "Draak" I mean..

------------------
Old 09-23-2001, 10:13 PM   #55
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
I wasn't going to say anymore either, but you forced me

My assumption is just as valid as the assumptions that our military is going to bomb the S*** (these are someone elses words) out of the country. The point I am trying to make is that mobilizing the military does not neccessarily lead to a rampant bombing campaign. We do not know the outcome, perhaps I am underestimating my government and they will prove me wrong, but I can at least hope that this military campaign will not involve carpet bombing innocents...why does everyone have to look at it in the most negative light?

Please do not misread my viewpoint Fjlotsdale...I too sometimes worry about you

*giggle!*

Seriously, though....
I'm just hoping that all that military might is just for show, to scare the Taliban into giving the terrorists up to justice. But I doubt it.
What worries me, Moridin, is that even using the most limited military force is bound to kill SOME innocents, and there have been too many innocent deaths already. And look at the state Afghanistan is in already. I feel so sorry for those people. Most of them are neither terrorists nor supporters of the Taliban by choice. They are people like us - only they have nothing while we have everything, and here we are, the 'haves' of this world, about to attack some of the poorest 'have-nots' on the face of the earth. It's just plain horrifying.

------------------

Old 09-23-2001, 10:14 PM   #56
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

JJ, this is really not what I'd come to expect from you! I know that what many of us fear is the killing of innocents over there and NO MATTER HOW ANGRY WE ARE...NOTHING excuses deliberate killing of innocents. Vengeance isn't the answer, justice is. (F..this one's for you )

With God's Grace we will only target and take out terrorist camps and if we are really lucky, Bin Laden will surrender himself. I don't hold out much hope for that, but it would make this much easier to deal with.

Honestly, everyone. This is such a terrible situation. I hate seeing us all argue and fuss.

I'm eternally grateful that I'm not sitting in the White House or Pentagon making these decisions right now. Because I think this might very well be the toughest set of choices any of those people will ever face.

Cloudy
I agree, Cloudy.

------------------