Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-17-2001, 11:19 AM   #1
tflyt
Welcomed New User

im totally new here...my lil bro sent me a care package which contained this wonderful game called Baldurs Gate II...im just cruising along...doing my thing...untill i go to the docks...but..particular buildings that i attempt to go into...(other than a shop)..the game crashes on me....

i hear that horrible "ding" then poof...its gone except for on my tool bar...program is not responding...any kind of help/suggestions...would be appreciated....

thanks much
Old 11-17-2001, 02:54 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

ah. interesting one this. dont have to a clue to the answer.

what error does it give? you could try re-installing the game / installing the latest patch (which is on www.bioware.com for those allergic to search engines). do a full install. make sure the disc is clean and scratch free. if it aint get a copy made. for various technical reasons to do with ink, you should not use the original BG2 disc too much.

i'll assume for the moment that you've got all the latest drivers for your hardware ( www. [manufacturer] .com ). and that your runnig directX 7.0 or better. shoudnt think that would cause your problem but memories of getting a 300% speed increase on my bros machine from doing this would make it a good idea anyway.

you might also try alt-tabbing back into the game, which is more likley to work in 2d mode rather than 3d. whats that, youve never read the manual? go to the config program, under graphics, turn off your 3d card. most cases this actually improves the speed of the game - BG2 does not use your 3d card the same way most games do.

of course alt-tabbing very rarely works anyway, but its worth a go.

oh and welcome to the board. tflyt, what an odd name.
Old 11-17-2001, 09:08 PM   #3
tflyt
Welcomed New User

thanks for the welcome...yeah...alt tab...bleh...

i tried something diff..i didn't even go to the docks last time i played....it worked fine in the diff. areas...ive reinstalled twice already...didn't try the full install i guess thats the next choice...

it doesn't give me an error msg...the screen goes black to about the size of how you would play in windowed mode....then just goes away...and the only option given to me in the tool bar is close...

i guess its off to try the full install now...bleh...i HATE that...

and my name...its a derivative(sp) of another name...
Old 11-17-2001, 10:47 PM   #4
Ares

I've had this problem b4. Turn off the 3d card and get the latest drivers. Also get the latest patch. It should work just fine after that [img]smile.gif[/img]