Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 01-31-2002, 07:09 AM   #11
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

After killing the big bad dude in the cloakwood mines you must use the lift to go back up to flood the mines rather than walk back up the stairs, as this is the trigger to open the gate to the city. Sorry man but if this is the case then you might have to reload Cloakwood or use gatekeeper to put you inside the city.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:14 AM   #12
ahogse
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok! I have read through the dialogs and if i summeries them i need to start a saved slot and go down the mine killing the bad guy, talking to the dwarf and the man with the plugg and finaly go upp the mine by the elevator.

That should complete chapter four, correctly.

It is very possible that i have missed one of the criteria above and closed chapter.

Phu!!!

Thanks Everybody!!!

Anders
ahogse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 09:58 AM   #13
Zbyszek

I am 100% positive that I havent use that shortcut to first level of mines, I went all the way back from the last level to the first (I wanted to collect stuff).
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 02:47 PM   #14
Midget Gems

My advice is to always check your journal. This is one of the few places in the game where you can screw-up. When this problem came up a few months ago I went through the journal entries to make sure of the order of events.

IMO after killing Davereon you should search the area to find his scroll. Reading this will trigger the start of Chapter 5 - now you return to level 1 and flood the mines. Having done this the bridge at Wymes Crossing will be open. Talk to Scar and enter the city though the gateway on the left, which is slightly hidden. If your journal hasn't reached Chapter 5 then you will not be allowed to cross the bridge - nor can you go round via Ugarths Beard. If you flood the mines before entering Chapter 5 then I don't know a way to proceed with the game.
Good Luck
Old 01-31-2002, 09:02 PM   #15
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Midget Gems:

find his scroll. Reading this will trigger the start of Chapter 5 - now you return to level 1 and flood the mines. Having done this the bridge at Wymes Crossing will be open.

All you need to do is read the scrolls, thus ending the chapter- you don't need to flood the mines. Flooding the mines is just a side quest. If you do flood the mines, you don't need to free the slaves. If you flood the mines without freeing the slaves, some guy comes over and calls you a bitch and you lose reputation points. Actually, there's a bug there with flooding the mines while slaves are still there. When you do that, only the character who is actually carrying the key gets transported out of the mines- the others are still standing around down there and you have to walk them out. It's really silly.

In sumary, all you need to do to access Baldur's Gate is read Dav's private letters and end the chapter.

Back to gaining entrance to BGC... As Lemernis said, the graphics there are sort of tricky. The first time I played, I almost didn't figure out how to get in the city due to the perspective. Just move against the wall and move the cursor until it turns into the wheel-deal that allows you to traverse to the next screen.

[img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img]

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Katherine ]

Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 03:26 AM   #16
ahogse
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, to you all!!!

Anders
ahogse is offline   Reply With Quote