Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2001, 06:45 PM   #1
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

OK, I know I should have put this in the user created pool put this is where the discussion his lately and I have a feeling that we will get much of it. Also, remember that I'm bringing an international point of view to this.

First, let me say that I'm happily impressed with President Bush performance over the last few days. He has been calm, collected, mature and suprisingly enough, professionnal. Up to this week, my impressions of the President were of an incapable man who only got elected thanks to a name and money. I was expecting him to screw up at the first possible occasion. I must admit, I was wrong -thank God .

What Mr. Bush has displayed over that last few days is commandable. He trully asserted himself as a world leader - not only by position but also by actions. I must say that I expected a US retaliation by now and, surprinsingly, it has not come. Instead, the President and his advisors have opted for a far more damaging approach towards terrorism. There's now no question in my mind that Mr. Bush not only deserved office, but was the only capable to hold office since his father, Carter, Nixon and Eisenhower before him (just to name the most notable ones since WWII)

Two thumbs up and now to your views on Mr. Bush's approach to this problem.

******** NO FLAMING PLEASE ***********

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 09-14-2001).]
Old 09-14-2001, 06:53 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I have faith in him. I know he isn't the greatest at speaking publicly, has trouble with a lot of expressions and words, and at times, yes, we (me and mine I mean here) all laugh about it and call him "dumb." But I don't think we really think he is truly dumb, just good fodder for jokes when bored. And I don't consider myself dumb, but I wouldn't do much better on a podium in front of thousands of people either! Doesn't mean he can't be a good President and make good decisions for America. I stand behind him, now more than I ever have before, nobody's cracking jokes now, and I think he will make the right decisions. Yes, so far since this tragedy, he has done a very good job

------------------
Old 09-14-2001, 06:56 PM   #3
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I have faith in him. I know he isn't the greatest at speaking publicly, has trouble with a lot of expressions and words
Obviously you haven't heard our Prime Minister. The man can't speak either of our official languages but still managed to get elected and does a great job (most of the time)

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 09-14-2001, 07:11 PM   #4
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I like him.

He is not 'dumb' a mater of fact he is exremely smart. So I hear, I belive it though. He handles things in a good way. He has handled this sintiuation very good, so far.

I like him.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon
Old 09-14-2001, 07:14 PM   #5
Sir_Tainly

I don't think his facial expression helps his perception much, he always seems to look a little stunned to me (like a rabbit in the headlights). If he's not smart, I hope he has good advisors

------------------
Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

[This message has been edited by Sir_Tainly (edited 09-14-2001).]

Old 09-14-2001, 07:23 PM   #6
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

It's too early to congratulate Bush on his restraint. I am deeply concerned about the rhetoric about war. Time will tell.
Old 09-14-2001, 07:30 PM   #7
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
I like him.

He is not 'dumb' a mater of fact he is exremely smart. So I hear, I belive it though. He handles things in a good way. He has handled this sintiuation very good, so far.

I like him.

What in the world is going on with your pic? It all looks so squashed?

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-14-2001, 07:40 PM   #8
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
It's too early to congratulate Bush on his restraint. I am deeply concerned about the rhetoric about war. Time will tell.
I disagree Dio. The Middle East hasn't been turned into a smoking, radioactive crater yet. So far, even though he is using 'rhetoric about war' he is concentrating, and admirably, on healing. Yes, he is calling up military reserves, but, by and large, they are being assigned domestic, reconstruction-esque duties. Engineers from both of the bases here are being sent East to assist with the rescues. Heavy machine operators are aiding in helping at the Pentagon and WTC. Medical staff, truck drivers, etc. No one is warming up tanks, or cracking arsenels. The only real 'military' actions are the overfly's and the patrolling of major cities and both coasts. With a large portion of Americans screaming for retribution, Bush seems to be talking restraint and level headedness. Yes, he has made statements about finding and punishing those responsible, and I think he means them 110%. But his very first priority seems to be healing.

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"
Old 09-14-2001, 07:43 PM   #9
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

Hi, first of all I think our President is doing a great job so far ..... and just to clear something up on the matter of his intelligence ..... I was told all of his tests came up border-line genius ........ so I'm not worried about him at all especially with the incredible people he has surrounded himself with.
Old 09-14-2001, 08:01 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
I don't think his facial expression helps his perception much, he always seems to look a little stunned to me (like a rabbit in the headlights). If he's not smart, I hope he has good advisors

LOL Sir Tainly, trust me I am aware of the deer in the headlights look he tends to have. But again, you can't go by that. His performance is what counts, and I suppose, as the saying goes, "You can't judge a book by its cover." And yes, I actually do think he has many advisors, one of which is his father. Guess we will see, so far so good anyway in my humble opinion...

------------------

[This message has been edited by ladyzekke (edited 09-14-2001).]