Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2001, 06:39 PM   #71
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

I'm telling you Kaz, just get up and do a little happy dance! Twirl until you're . You should look just like snoopy doing it.

------------------
Member of ORT
Master Barbsman and weilder of the razor wit!
Official royal toad! Ribbit! Ribbet I say!

The true secret to happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!
Old 10-17-2001, 08:23 PM   #72
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
How could you manage to be depressed???? But as in Kaz's and Wolfgir's cases (and anyone else who feels as if this test has hit a nerve so to speak) - we are here for you if you need to talk about anything. ((((hugs)))) *smoochies*

Dearest Miss DragonMage, may I ask what you mean by that question how I could manage to be depressed ? Maybe you are alluding to the fact that you could find more "objective" reasons in your current living circumstances to feel that way ? Well, you would be right with that and I have already told you that I greatly admire you for your strength not to let that get you down. But this test didn't "catch me by surprise" at all, I know pretty well by now at which point of the recurrent depressive cycle I am at any given moment.

And Kazlein, no, I am not having a particularly bad time at the moment, I have been feeling that way - at times less, at others even more so - for most of the past fifteen years - or maybe it would be more accurate to say that I have been giving myself a hard time. By now, it has almost become something like a lifestyle ... So, forgive me for getting so personal on a public forum, but if you really think that you are suffering from depression it might be a good idea to do something about it - soon - and not to rely on it that it might go away all by itself just "by coming of age". See, it took me almost 10 years before the idea that my personal problems might be - partially - related to depressions ever occured to me - and another 3 or 4 years before I even made the first attempt to do something about it. Looking back, I consider that a giant waste of time ... so, I really cannot recommend it to anybody to do the same.

But, of course, the following holds also true: you are you and I am I, so it is up to you to find a way to deal with that ...

In any case: Good luck !

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 10-17-2001, 11:03 PM   #73
Moni

Hello, Sultan, Mine!
Hi Garnet! Loved your post, LOL! Where did they get the idea that you could be "on the fasttrack to a 'minor depressive episode'."
That is confusing isn't it?! I agree that when they are going to determine such potential outbursts that they ought to have a confusion test handy!

Kaz, Take Ramon's advice and do try to focus on what is bothering you today rather than years from now...It took me twenty four years to figure out I was depressed and I've only had fifteen years so far to enjoy life...if I had started sooner, the tables might be turned on the amount of time I get to be happy while I am still alive.
Also, habits started at a younger age are much easier to develop and maintain in the long run and a positive outlook on life should be tops on anyone's list who has bouts of depression...it is (IMO) the only way to beat it without meds, being that thinking positively and acting in positive manners change the chemicals in your brain that keep you sad.
Yes, a lot of it can be blamed on teen angst, but do try to see the best in life and all that is around you and it can't strike you so deeply. You can actually develop methods of turning depression around before it tries to bite if you know what I mean.
Count me in as someone you can talk to if you need to. K?
Peace, Love & Hugs All,
Moni

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 10-17-2001).]

Old 10-17-2001, 11:38 PM   #74
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

depressed people of the board, remember: when feeling down, you can always talk to me, the resident manic-depressive! fortunately mania rules me mostly, so i can be of great help. just contact me on AIM or MSN (Gel Ink Pen, my email is in my profile) and i can try to help you, or just chat!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Shadow Dragon of the DotW
Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-18-2001, 06:34 AM   #75
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i got a 48, ME DEPRESSED??? boy, im just a little pissed off at myself now over a girl and now this.. sigh.. i must be depressed right now...

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 10-18-2001, 07:34 AM   #76
Sigmar
Unicorn

I got a five, nice to see that my parents seperating didn't have any effect on me and my attitude to life.

------------------
http://216.231.43.152/glade/cooltext1010394.gif
Sigmar knight of HADB and Lady Lioness

[This message has been edited by Sigmar (edited 10-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sigmar (edited 10-18-2001).]