Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-30-2003, 09:16 AM   #1
daan
Silver Dragon

Arrow

My party consists of only good-aligned people ( created ) ...
I myself am a chaotic Good Ranger/Cleric, and the leader of our group is currently a lawfull good Cavalier.

The problem is, that we have already aquired the needed amount of Gold
( 15 000 ) to begin the quests toward Imoen. However, I've already talked to Nalia and said to her that I'd be going to her keep in order to help her...

Do I forget about Nalia and go after Imoen, her being my sister and captured and all,.. or do I keep my word and travel to the keep ( losing valuable days )?

I cant decide
Old 03-30-2003, 09:27 AM   #2
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by daan:
My party consists of only good-aligned people ( created ) ...
I myself am a chaotic Good Ranger/Cleric, and the leader of our group is currently a lawfull good Cavalier.

The problem is, that we have already aquired the needed amount of Gold
( 15 000 ) to begin the quests toward Imoen. However, I've already talked to Nalia and said to her that I'd be going to her keep in order to help her...

Do I forget about Nalia and go after Imoen, her being my sister and captured and all,.. or do I keep my word and travel to the keep ( losing valuable days )?

I cant decide
Do the Nalia's keep quest first, but then immediately head over to Spellhold (unless some of your other party member have quests pop up in the meantime). You might not want Imoen at the hands of the Cowled Wizards, but sometimes things come up along the way. Nalia's entire lands are being held hostage; that's a lot more people being harmed than just Imoen. As far as can be told, Imoen is safe, so help the people that are in immediate danger.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 09:35 AM   #3
andrewas
Harper

Your leader is lawful good, so hes probably going to keep his word at whatever personal cost.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:42 AM   #4
Alson
Galvatron

If the party leader was the Chaotic Good Ranger/Cleric, letting Nalia wait and going to Spellhold would make sense...

Pfft! Promises are overrated anyway! Immie, hold your breath... here I come!

But since the party leader is a goody-two-shoes-stick-to-the-code-an'-all Cavalier... you should probably help Nalia, first, since no Paladin of his word would break a promise. You should feel guilty for it, of course.

By the way... am I the only one seeing the irony in "help me roleplay" threads?
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 10:27 AM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Does it really matter? It's not like she'll say something different if you arrive late anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 11:05 AM   #6
daan
Silver Dragon

Am I the only one noticing you tend to go beyond the call of duty when answering posts Alson ?
The reason I was asking was 'cause I was really hoping everybody would tell me to go to spellhold. Facing Improved Nalia's keep with Toughest Dungeon spawns and a party at +/- lvl 9 isnt going to be fun
Stupid Paladin, your chrisma is 17, you're supposed to be a good and sensible leader [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2003, 11:26 AM   #7
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by daan:
Am I the only one noticing you tend to go beyond the call of duty when answering posts Alson ?
You should meet me in person. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Or is it shouldn't?

Anyway - yes, I know, I have this habit. Sometimes it's for the best, and sometimes... well, not. Sorry if it sounded wrong - I meant no disrespect, really.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 12:17 PM   #8
daan
Silver Dragon

Irony only sounds wrong to those who have no sense of humor IMHO
Old 03-30-2003, 12:54 PM   #9
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Are you saying I have no sense of humor? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:07 PM   #10
daan
Silver Dragon

Arrow

Ehr .. " Look ! A kobold " *points in opposite direction and straps his boots of speed on extra tight*