Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2003, 02:26 PM   #1
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I am trying to play this game "clean." This is for the first time I am not using a walk-through. (I used a walk-through for BG1, ToSC, BDII, IWD1 and HoW). Someone encouraged me that this was more like "genuine roll-play." It is cool but I don't understand some stuff.

1. I can't seem to fill my bard's spell slots.

2. My cleric (cleric of Selunne) has special abilities given her by Selunne and I can't figure out what the hell they do.

3. Is there some place that will explain this stuff to me (without spoiling the game).

I am determined to do this one on my on.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Reeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 04:20 PM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

i don't know a site but:
You cannot fill your bards slots at first level: you get spells when you get to higher level
and I don't know about Selune, I have Ogma myself. it should say when you go to :
Record
Information
Classes
Cleric of Selune
But I'm not sure.
Hope this helps.
Dragon

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 06:33 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hope this helps:

According to the manual (page 51), Bards learn spells like sorcerors which implies that they gain new spells when they level unlike mages who must learn spells from scrolls. Also, Bards use charisma as their primary spell casting attribute - so their charisma must be equal to or greater than 10 + spell level in order to be able to cast a certain spell level.

Haven't played a cleric of Selune but all clerical special abilities should be explained when you create the character. Scroll down on the right hand side when you select cleric and you should find what you need. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The manual has a surprising amount of information but it is NOT laid out in the most logical fashion. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 10:26 PM   #4
Magness
Quintesson

Silverstar of Selune

Selune is often called the Moonmaiden for her connection to the silver moon that orbits Faerun. She is the goddess of the moon and travelers. Her priests, called Silverstars, travel far and wide to help the oppressed and explore lost places. Silverstars are known for their open-minded tolerance and their hatred of bigotry.

- Selune's Freedom: 1/Day (Freedom of Movement that lasts 1 round/level).
- Moon Shield: 1/Day (Grants a +3 bonus to spell resistance for a number of rounds equal to level).

Alignment(s): NG, CG, CN

[ 04-13-2003, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Magness ]
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote