Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-10-2004, 06:20 AM   #11
Melusine
Dracolisk

Groj, could you give me your account info? (PM/email/SMS/phonecall, whatever) It would be silly for me to send the money to Johnny if you're gonna Paypal it. Of course if it turns out to be too much hassle, you should say so, but if you're willing to Paypal our donations regularly, that'd be great. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've been working extra last week (and sadly spent half my earnings on new shoes already [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) but Ithink I could miss 15 euros this month.

Edit: great post, Genieboy! For my part, I think that it might just work if we all could get at the very least an *indication* of how much money is needed monthly. There are many people willing to donate monthly, without any stoopid benefits like cool avatars and the like but I think most of them would only want to commit to monthly donations if they knew what the total sum needed was. I think if we could get an idea about that, there'd be quite a lot of people who'd want to donate monthly (or continue to donate regularly, if they were already doing so).
But maybe I'm running ahead of the debate...

[ 02-10-2004, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 02-10-2004, 07:27 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Check going in the mail today, Dan.

I agree, Mems, it would be nice to have some good sources for funding so Dan doesn't have to worry every month!
Old 02-10-2004, 07:32 AM   #13
Grojlach
Zartan

Check your Private Messages, Mel. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 07:33 AM   #14
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I am certainly agreed to the brainstorm. I love brainstorms, there so fun! Anyway, I have some ideas, and look forward to sharing them.

P.S. You Duchies are awesome! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 09:16 AM   #15
Davros
Takhisis Follower

OK - I have stirred from my slumber [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Now that we have me motivated, the next problem is that I need some help with Paypal. Story thus far is :

1) Applied for an account and have a password. The gig seems to be that I put money in the account from my bank account and transfer it to Z.

2) Didn't take the credit card premier option because that looked like it attracted fees

3) After registration (didn't add acrd in step 2)Add funds takes me to a spot that asks me if I want to add a US account to transfer the money from - Doh - my registration says Australian - like how useful is that option to me - where is plan B?

4) In the profile section there is a spot where I can add an Australian Account, but all the desciption there says that the account I am adding is for the withdrawal of funds only.

5) Went back and added the credit card to see if I could use that - still only get the "add an American Bank account" option when I try to add funds.

Activate account - there is now an option available to upgrade to an expanded account. Not real keen on bothering with higher potential for funds transfer, but seems like I am being pushed down this path. Will it let me use my card then, and if so, why will it only let me use my card if I am willing to go with a higher transfer limit that I have no interest at all in?

Saga ends - awaiting assistance

Money coming soon Z (once I am au fait with the system).
Old 02-10-2004, 09:21 AM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Davros,I know Mems has some experience with using paypal and cc, so maybe he can answer the questions on what to do when it asks for a US bank option.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:59 AM   #17
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I understand Ziroc has some kind of store on the main site. Perhaps we should all start buying our games through him. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 10:12 AM   #18
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Davros, just register a major credit card, it's much easier. Plus, you don't have to remember to balance your bank book with every transaction. Plus (wink, wink ) if somebody rips you off via paypal, you have a "delay window" on the transfer of payment to them, and most all credit cards will let you challenge any fraudulent transaction.

Oh, and a credit card always gives you the most favorable exchange rate on currency.

Much less hassle all around.

[ 02-10-2004, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 02-10-2004, 11:03 AM   #19
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by Link:
I sent mine to johnny, and he would send it to Grojlach, but I don't know when and how that's gonna happen. If I must make a guess, then I think there's approximately 70 dollars from the Dutchies here coming your way.
I'd plaud your optimism, Link, but I'm not sure if $70 is achievable on such a short notice... Nevertheless, I could paypal your 15 euro in advance to Ziroc (as in right now), if Johnny doesn't mind transferring it within a few days to my account. Will add a few euro of my own as well to the donation. [img]smile.gif[/img]

edit: done and done. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Will take care of it this week then. I'm expecting some extra cash from work anyway, so i'll be adding my share as well. I'll drop you a PM when it's on it's way.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:49 PM   #20
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Thanks all! BTW, we have $50.00 total added to paypal now, so we're down to $90.00 needed.

BTW, The plans I have in the works may take care of the bills, but I still would like you to go ahead with that post, and see what we can come up with, incase my plan doesn't pan out.

Thanks all! We're closer!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album