Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-12-2003, 10:14 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i am doing a small presentation tomorrow and i need some help (if you guys/gals can give any ). i am currently studying education degree, doubled with business management and economics.

anyway, i need to have some examples regarding "teachers and higher authorities in the profession". i need examples of teachers who broke these rules and the consequence of the teacher, student, school and anyone else related to it. it can also be teachers who promoted these rules for the better. it can be personal experience, media both local and international (and if you value anonymity, then just type in the story.) i just want the summary and its conseqence (1 paragraph will do just fine and no need for life history (unless you really want to ), hopefully)

anyway here are the rulez:

for some reference it is in article 6 in Code of Ethics & Constitution (Philippine rulez for short)

it has 6 sections which ill try to simplify

section 1: the teacher must follow the rulez of the school regardless of personal feelings

section 2: a teacher shall not make false accusations against superiors especially under anonymity, however if valid should present them to competent authority

section 3: a teacher shall transact all official business through channels except under special conditions thet warrants a different procedure, such as when reforms are advocated but opposed by the immediate superior, in which case, the teacher shall appeal to the higher authority.

Section 4: every teacher has the right to "redress" against injustice or discrimination, to the extent possible and shall raise grievances within acceptable democratic processes. in doing so, the teacher shall avoid jepordizing the interest and welfare of learners whose right to learn must be respected.

Section 5: every teacher has a right to invoke the principle of appoinments, promotions, and transfers of teachers are made only on the basis of merit and need in the interest of the service

Section 6: a teacher who accepts a position assumes a contractual obligatoin to live up to his contract, assuming full knowledge of the employment terms and conditions.

i dont mind if its personal experience or an article you know off, just send me the link, and im off to research it. im off to bed now since its kinda late. and an advance thank you as well!!

Catch me if you can..
Old 02-12-2003, 10:39 AM   #2
Panache
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've read of two cases in the last couple of years of teachers supporting unwarrented accusations of child molestation against their collegues. Child tells Mummy story of teacher holding her hand, Mother is outraged, tells head teacher, who then suspends collegue. Does this count as making false accusations? If they havn't checked their facts, and allow this to lead to further defamation of charater then IMHO it does.

I'm afraid I have no link, but these cases were widely reported in the U.K media... Probably not that helpful, but best I can come up with.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:03 AM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
I've read of two cases in the last couple of years of teachers supporting unwarrented accusations of child molestation against their collegues. Child tells Mummy story of teacher holding her hand, Mother is outraged, tells head teacher, who then suspends collegue. Does this count as making false accusations? If they havn't checked their facts, and allow this to lead to further defamation of charater then IMHO it does.

I'm afraid I have no link, but these cases were widely reported in the U.K media... Probably not that helpful, but best I can come up with.
thanks for the reply. i dont think it is easy to handle this kind of topic. sigh. i got the sex abuse from cnn.... that is the only thing that is nearly related to it. the others is just "student kills teacher" ... sigh...

Catch me if you can..
Old 02-13-2003, 12:18 AM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

There once was the case of the kid who got some oral STD and blamed it on her woodshop teacher who later had the charges dropped when the girl admitted that she was like a prostitute on campus who worked in the boys' bathroom. Unfortunetly the teacher was never able to return to work due to the superintendant, who had personal problems against him, outside of work, wrote to every school which he was sent to on his transcript that he "likes to touch girls" . Unfortunely that and community feelings toward him kept him from ever working again.

Then there was the teacher who put markings all over her kids face and sent them home, it was permanent marker all across her face that would take days to wash out, and because the teacher was white and the girl was black racism charges were put on her and she's still in prison to this day.

I also heard the one abou the teacher who had a kid that was a stalker. Somehow the kid found out where she lived and came to her apartment with flowers, telling her that she loved her. Because it wasn't possible for students to know their teacher's adresses she then ordered that the student be placed in another class, the next day the student broke into her apartment and trashed it, writing things about her in spray paint all over the place. They then found hundreds of pictures ripped up in the girls locker of the teacher, along with sketches, aerial surveilance of where she lived and hundreds of hours of videotapes and audio recordings. The student was put in a mental ward and the teacher forced to never work in school again in case she was ever placed in the same vicinity as her student. She even had to go to another state and get invouvled in the person-protection-program.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:52 PM   #5
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Hey there Hark [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm afraid I can't really help you out from personal experience, since the school I went to was very alternative, and teachers were only very loosely bound by rules. If they were broken a fuss was rarely kicked up. I called teachers by their given names, and they were often heard to swear in frustration... Pretty whack sort of learning environment, but it was small so it ended up working out pretty well.

Anyway, I just thought I'd say hi. Sorry for not being of more assistance
Old 02-15-2003, 02:40 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

a really really really big thank you Death Killer ... those stories will really help me alot in my presentaton (which was moved to next week, whew)

Sylent , Howz it going there buddy!! long time no see!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] its okay since its really a hard topic... anywayz, how are you doing? i know we have lost touch (my icq went down and could not put it back up again and i lost the nos including Rikards... sigh.. ) PM me!! do you have AOL?? that is what im using right now!!

for the rest, i would appreciate it of course for some help with your experiences [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 02-16-2003, 05:14 AM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

just one more bump before i am letting it drop ...

Catch me if you can..
Old 02-16-2003, 09:20 PM   #8
sylent
Emerald Dragon

All of my friends stopped using icq anyway, so I moved onto MSN messenger when I reformatted my computer a long while back.

I haven't ever used AIM before (AOL), not having AOL.. give me a buzz if you use msn.

I've been pretty good lately. I took a year off uni (deffered) and spent it working/relaxing... it was really good to freshen up after school - I needed a break! Now I'm just about ready to resume my course in about a week, it should be exciting.. I've been getting so bored lately :| It'll be good to have something to focus on. [img]smile.gif[/img]

What about you, I take it you're at uni, how's it going and how far into your course are you?
Old 02-17-2003, 12:11 AM   #9
Gammit
Elminster

I'd comment, but, errrr, um... yeah. I never break any rules... really, I swear! Good luck with this.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:18 AM   #10
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
What about you, I take it you're at uni, how's it going and how far into your course are you?
im fine i guess... im taking up business management & economics with secondary education... it is a 5 year course in a trisemestral year.. sigh... kind long but i guess it is worth it [img]smile.gif[/img] but i may be tranfering to australia sydney to study over there [img]smile.gif[/img] .. im at 2nd year now but i might be demoted back to 1rst year when i go over there... sigh.. but i think its worth it being an international student and all ..

is MSN a yahoo messenger?? i heard it from some of my friends since they also use it...

Catch me if you can..