Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2004, 02:30 AM   #1
megan row
Elite Waterdeep Guard

good morning,

yesterday night i managed to get this serpent door open and met naga. unfortunately i have wasted kerielles potion on her, thinking she ist the worst that can happen. and, no, i have no other game-safe. i promise, in the future i will safe often, before, after, during - this is a solemn vow.
but do i have any chance to kill elyssa without this potion?
one other question: my chars could chage the roles. what is the best changing choice for 1) a ratling rogue, 2) a human warrior 3) an elf wizzard 4) a kittcah priest and 5) a gourk warrior.
have a nice day
mr
megan row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:41 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

1. You have done well, no problems ahead. You won't need the potion at Ellysia, she is another story.
Have you killed Xydusa? If you have then it wasn't a good idea. Ellysia will not give you Snakeskin trait but the game isn't lost. You will play the game without one of your character having the trait, that's all. The correct sequence of events is:
a) Put Xydusa into sleep by means of the potion.
b) Go to Elysia, get the trait, kill her.
c) Return to Xydusa and kill it as well.

2. Role changes: change roles so that you won't lose your current capabilities. The rogue should become a ninja or a bard, the wizard and priest should become warlocks - perhaps after getting missing magic schools: therefore, the wizard will be ranger and paladin and then a warlock, the priest will be samurai and then a warlock. The warriors can become samurais or ninjas.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:14 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

And you definitely do not need the potion to kill Xydusa either. She's nothing more than a litlle kitten when it comes to hand-to-hand fighting.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:03 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A little kitten with extremely bad breath, Willow [img]smile.gif[/img]

The potion is only used on Xydusa. It has no effect on Elysia. So if you used it and were able to get by Xydusa, you definitely did not waste it.

Check the best tips thread and recent forum posts -- there are plenty of suggestions for when to switch classes, and to what. My suggestions:

1. Warrior to barbarian ASAP. Nothing to lose.
2. Spellcasters to new roles after they get the level 7 spells you want.
3. Rogue to.... anything, whenever you've got a mind to. They can't switch to anything until Ishad N'ha, so it's less of an issue.

There really are no wrong class choices. Everything will work just fine, no matter what you choose to do.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:19 AM   #5
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

hi megan row you dont have to worry i have gone thruthe rest of the game after killing the naga and then ellysia but believe me its not aseasy as you think but it can be done hope ya having fun sagtattman
sagtattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 10:44 AM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
A little kitten with extremely bad breath, Willow [img]smile.gif[/img]
The closer you get the better her breath I'd say. And that holds true for most monsters using single character ranged attacks. Monsters that se multi-character ranged attack, i.e. the attack is directed to the entire party, use their ranged attacks in close combat as well. Dang those salads.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote