Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-18-2001, 12:15 PM   #1
SamIam
Welcomed New User

Did anyone else notice the corridor that surrounds the Rangers Stronghold?
It looks like a secret passage-I did a FarSight and saw this thing and have tried detecting secret doors but I can't seem to find a way in. There doesn't seem to be anything special but I've finished the quest-MoonDog is very cool-and I want the WHOLE damn Stronghold.
Old 06-18-2001, 12:31 PM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

try giving one of your characters Dimension Door with SK and try to get back there. and welcome to the board sammy.

------------------
I'll kidnap ya fer 100, reprogram ya fer 300, and kill ya fer 500! Oh come one! I'll throw in the killin' fer 250!
Old 06-18-2001, 12:42 PM   #3
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Or just Ctrl+J your way into it.
Old 06-18-2001, 01:01 PM   #4
Legolas the Elven Archer

I noticed the double walls too. I stood in the cabin for almost an hour trying to find an entrance somewhere
I doubt the Dimension Door and CTRL J would work. If you try to move somewhere you can't go your character ends up standing next to the object (ie still in the cabin)
Sure would like to know what's behind there though. (maybe it's the legendary longbow that fires an unlimited amount of 5+ arrows. Then again, maybe not )

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 06-18-2001, 01:48 PM   #5
SamIam
Welcomed New User

Thanks guys, now let me ask a obvious newbie question-CNRL ]? Dimension Door with SK?
I figured that when I finished the quest, the mayor would say "Here's the key to the secret area".
And they are definately not kissing my butt enough. Where's the offer of youngest daughters? Where's the bag of gold? If I have to put up with that really annoying entrance to my "stronghold"( and why is it a stronghold? Can I pour boiling oil? Balista?) And Boo better turn out to be a GDamn Space Hamster or I'll kill Minsc myself.
Wow.Enough bitching. Thanks again guys.

------------------
Some call me.......Tim.
Old 06-18-2001, 03:57 PM   #6
Sigmar
Unicorn

The corridors there because probably in another cabin in the game you probably have access to it.

------------------
Sigmar has only one foe,
and he is Tiax!
Old 06-18-2001, 05:26 PM   #7
ravensong
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I never could finish this quest, The mayor never recognized that I killed Umar. Can someone spoil me with how it SHOULD have gone?
Old 06-18-2001, 05:30 PM   #8
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

WELCOME, WELCOME, SAMIAM!

Do you like green eggs and ham?

I never found the way either

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 06-18-2001).]
Old 06-18-2001, 05:35 PM   #9
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by SamIam:
Thanks guys, now let me ask a obvious newbie question-CNRL ]? Dimension Door with SK?
I figured that when I finished the quest, the mayor would say "Here's the key to the secret area".
And they are definately not kissing my butt enough. Where's the offer of youngest daughters? Where's the bag of gold? If I have to put up with that really annoying entrance to my "stronghold"( and why is it a stronghold? Can I pour boiling oil? Balista?) And Boo better turn out to be a GDamn Space Hamster or I'll kill Minsc myself.
Wow.Enough bitching. Thanks again guys.

ROFL! i never found whats behind there, although some unlimited +60 arrows should be back there... you know, the Killbow! theres a killsword, so y no bow?

------------------
I'll kidnap ya fer 100, reprogram ya fer 300, and kill ya fer 500! Oh come one! I'll throw in the killin' fer 250!
Old 06-18-2001, 06:52 PM   #10
Jaret
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I once had minsc get stuck back there when he was entering the building by himself. I don't know how it happened. He didn't find anything back there anyhow; I'd like to try it with a thief character who can search better, but I was never able to duplicate the effect.

------------------
Philosophically, I'm chaotic evil. In practice, well.... (Dang conscience!)