Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2003, 10:35 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Okay maybe I've been living under a rock but I just saw the trailer for the upcoming Hobbit movie and it looks great! This is news to me, I've heard rumours but nothing as substantial as this up till now. Yay I can't wait .

[ 12-30-2003, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 12-30-2003, 11:41 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I saw it on the news that they were considering making the prequel. I didn't know it was a sure thing. Links please?
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 12:31 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I assure you what you saw was fake. There is talk of maybe doing the Hobbit someday...but there is no trailer other than fabricated ones.</font>
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 12:47 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yep I think It's fake too actually. I just checked for the official word and there is none. I downloaded this on Kazaa and there are many scenes from the origianl LOTR's while referring to the discovery of the ring (in the fellowships epilogue) which someone could easily just sham together. However, there are other scenes of Bilbo facing a dragon, another with him running from the cave and the water is on fire and yet another of a dragon attacking a village with the buildings on fire. What struck me though was how similiar the dragon looked to that of the ones on 'reign of fire' the movie .

I dunno, the title says 'Leaked preview of the Hobbit' and boasts It's release Dec 19th 2006...regardless of what it is it still makes me feel good..hey, I can dream [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 12-31-2003, 02:14 AM   #5
Gammit
Elminster

Is it just a touched-up version of the commercial for the videogame? 'Cause I just got back from the theater where the commercial played... and the scenes you describe sound JUST like what I saw.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:00 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

It wasn't direct3d or opengl graphics if that's what you mean. This was film, raw scenes of combat, action etc.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:31 AM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Well, Peter Jackson did he say he was going to film 'the Hobbit' as well. I hope it works out [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 05:52 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

PJ needs the rights.

Hell will freeze over before it is surrendered to him. Given what I have read about Christopher Tolkien.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 09:44 AM   #9
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
PJ needs the rights.

Hell will freeze over before it is surrendered to him. Given what I have read about Christopher Tolkien.
New Line has the rights to make the hobbit but not the rights to distribute it. If I remember correctly the distribution rights are owned by United Artists.

On a side note, someone needs to remove the staff up Christopher's butt [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-31-2003, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Rokenn ]
Old 12-31-2003, 11:38 AM   #10
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
PJ needs the rights.

What have you read about him? I haven't heard anything, but I haven't been looking either. Is he asking for too much $$ or what?

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote