Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which primary political party would be most beneficial for the US?
Democrats 7 38.89%
Republicans 5 27.78%
Independants 3 16.67%
Other (Feel free to post which party ya think) 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2003, 08:42 AM   #1
Azimaith
Manshoon

This is a simple poll asking: Which wing, if any, would be best in the white house for the US.

As a couple people asked: Left wing is democrat, Right wing is republican.

[ 12-17-2003, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: Azimaith ]
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>
Azimaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 09:57 AM   #2
Svaerdhelgon
The Magister

I don´t know a lot about USA politics but I generally think leftwingers have the best ideas(thats the Democrats,right?)

[ 12-16-2003, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Svaerdhelgon ]
Svaerdhelgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 11:28 AM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I voted independents, because the way I see it the US is a 2 party system with ideas on the right and left. There are good ideas from both sides, and crazy ideas. They need another party that fits somewhere in the middle that is neither conservative, or overly liberal. I believe they have Greens but they are not currently very powerful and I don't know enough to know were their parties policy lies.

[ 12-16-2003, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 11:50 AM   #4
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

I voted independant
what does republican fall under left or right?
Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 11:54 AM   #5
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
I voted independant
what does republican fall under left or right?
right but half the time they are really wrong [img]smile.gif[/img]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 10:23 PM   #6
HolyWarrior
User Suspended for 2 weeks by Ziroc [Dec30]

I voted right-wing. The trouble with the left is that what is good for the United States is bad for the left and vice versa. I can't stand people like that.
HolyWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 12:17 AM   #7
Azimaith
Manshoon

Hallelujah for mostly independants.
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>
Old 12-17-2003, 12:35 AM   #8
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Someone wanna give an inepth description of the differences between right and left wing views? I'm not sure what they are. I don't honestly affiliate my self with any set grouping of political views. I analyze the situation as it arises. If I agree with a particular view it has my vote, if I don't it doesn't. Simple enough.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 04:55 AM   #9
Azimaith
Manshoon

I would probably consider you an independant though. Lets take it this way.

Left wing is more for social policy, traditionally the left wing is known for creating programs for the poor and down on their luck which in the process spends mucho bucks, usually considered great peace time leaders as well. Reputed often times to be horrendous spenders on big government programs.

Right Wing is more for conservative small government, traditionally they have been good war presidents and usually carry the attitude: Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime. Reputed to be horrific on environmental issues.

Both sides have been moving more toward the center, democrat social programs becoming less give and more teach and republican moving more toward the Give a man a fish while he learns to fish himself kind of ideas.

Of course I'm sure people would disagree but I'm trying to be unbiased and non-partisan.
Old 12-31-2003, 06:27 PM   #10
Gammit
Elminster

Unfortunately, with both parties moving towards center (Clinton was called by some the best Republican president we've had in a long time), there leaves little room for true distinction. Go independents!