Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2002, 10:36 PM   #21
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

It's an old post, he wasn't banned all that long ago... for giving crap to Luvian i think (or larry)
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Callum Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 11:12 PM   #22
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah I was just browsing back a page or so and noticed it. Hehe I must say tho the 'Banned' rank looks.....'cool' LMAO trust Ziroc to make good even on the 'smart ass' avatars! Also I like the 'banned for being a smartass line' You know what would be better tho? If it was changed to 'I was banned for being a smart ass so I can't reply to anymore posts ' heh I think it would take em down a notch or two.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:51 AM   #23
Madrigal Five
Dungeon Master

When I was into pen & paper ADnD I always thought Druids were tree-hugging weirdos. When I met Jaheira (fighter/druid) in Baldur's Gate 1, I thought she woulda been better off as a cleric. When I got into BG2, and Jaheira started getting into higher levels, I thought, "man! she rocks!"

Kinda like a mage, I guess. Druids take some investment, but they pay off in the long run with a lot of versatility in their choice of spells -- a good mix of healing, offensive, and defensive spells.

BTW, I'm thinking of a human character who's a frustrated Druid (WIS: 11 to 13) and after some druid levels will switch over to one of the fighter classes. At what druid level do you think he should stop?
Madrigal Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 07:08 AM   #24
Lord Corwin
The Magister

Never had much luck with Druids.....

Maybe next time around I`ll give it a shot. Some of the spells sound interesting...

[ 11-17-2002, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: Lord Corwin ]
Old 11-17-2002, 01:30 PM   #25
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah but druids in IWD2 rock even at early levels. Truly now they can hold their own in battle.
Old 11-17-2002, 11:20 PM   #26
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I have a ranger/druid, but I am starting to think getting her ranger levels was a bad idea. She has 3 attack per round at an early level, and can sneak around as well as a rogue, but she is only starting to get powerfull spells. I think I won't be able to use her more powerfull spells unless I go in HoF mode.
Old 11-17-2002, 11:27 PM   #27
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

A Druid early on can be really effective if you start with SF/GSF in Transmutation. That and the entangle spell can make alot of the early battles much much easier - and alot of their later spells are in that school; basically transmutation and evocation are nice ones for a Druid to focus in.
Old 11-18-2002, 03:21 AM   #28
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

I have a druid in my all-drow party and she is doing great. A mix between a wizard and a cleric, throw in shapeshifting abilities.

Shapeshifting becomes useless in the end of normal mode, at least in my case, since she has high STR, CON and DEX and Flail++. The wolf shape is still very effective for scouting, mainly an invisible and hasted wolf.

I suggest taking a druid as a third spellcaster if you already have an arcane one and a cleric.

If you want to dual a druid, try taking a Barbarian instead of Fighter as second class: Rage works great when shapeshifted and Druids become immune to fatigue after a certain level.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:15 AM   #29
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Oh No!, I've already dumped my Ranger for a Sorceror, now I want a Druid too!, what or who can I dump now?.

I've got

Paladin,
Fighter,
Cleric,
Rogue,
Sorceror,
Wizard.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:23 AM   #30
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

The Rogue!