Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2002, 06:19 PM   #1
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

...is it worth collecting? The only reason why I ask is that Interplay's second biggest market (Europe) must wait till the end of the month at least before the standard version comes out. I went to EB to ask about IWD2CE and they said: "What? Never heard of it." How very encouraging.

So should I charge off to the shops on 27/09/2002, or wait, perhaps forever, for this nonexistent European version of the CE? I need to know, as you guys are all storming ahead, and I haven't even got it! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2002, 06:48 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

My opinion, do not wait for any collecter's edition.
When I went to go pick up my regular version...I still got a bonus pack that has an extra level, certain music picks, and a few other odds and ends...it is actually alright. Go get your game ...NOW!!!!!
Old 09-18-2002, 07:13 PM   #3
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Well it looks like your in England too, so expect a long wait. As for Collectors editions, if its anything like the BG2 Collectors edition then It will be about 6 months after the release of the game until we get it, and in the end It won't be worth it. I had Bg2 and then went out and bought the BG2 Collector Edition mainly for the Bonus merchant CD only to find out a few days later that Bioware had released the Bonus Merchants online, a complete waste of £40 if you ask me (BG2 standard edition was £20 at this time).

P.S There were a few nice bits and bobs with the collector edition but nothing worth the extra £20. Post cards, T-Shirt (about 3 sizes too small lol), Poster etc.

In quick summary I wouldn't bother buying a collectors edition again, just not worth it in the long run.

[ 09-18-2002, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Daniel ]
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 08:21 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ok you know that some online stores such as Ebay do international shipping right? And the extra cost usually isn't that much at all...PLUS you can buy a 'not opened' game for less which is practically new.
I'm in the USA and neither Walmart or Sam Goody had it when it was released so I myself ended up ordering online as I was sick of hearing "in the next few days were sure to have it" and recieved it in 2 days for $32, brand new and unopened
But anyways if you don't want to wait that extra month (plus how long it takes before the stores decide its popular enuf to sell) then shop online, far as I know Interplay deliver internationally too.
Old 09-18-2002, 09:04 PM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
or Sam Goody
I would never depend on Sam Goody for my video game needs, they are so music biased. But, they are an option, so I understand your dilemma.

To the point. IMHO, the CE is not worth it. Spiral bound notebook? The thing is a handheld, so is the reference card. Cloth map? Nice, but not the CLOTH you'd expect. Trading cards? First, you can't trade them, as they make the same 4 for every box, and they are huge. Music and bonus gimmies? Who cares, wait a month and get them for free. Ice dice? You know the story on that one.

About the only good thing about this over the regular is the durable box, and poster w/ a list of enemies on the back. So to put this in simple words, the collector's edition is worth about 1/1000 of the extra money put in to it. I'd say wait for the regular and buy it then, rather than wait for the 'delays and miscalculations' by the shipping crew.

[ 09-18-2002, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 09:55 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Oops forgot to add this:
Ok theres the CE and theres also the Adventure Pack right.Whats the difference between these two? Or is the Adventure Pack simply the extra stuff you get in the CE for those who bought the standard IWD2 game? And a t-shirt ? I never saw that advertised with the CE - I want one (yes dont say it, *I know* but I still want one!)
Old 09-18-2002, 10:07 PM   #7
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I thought the CE had some in-game goodies, like the CE for BG2?
Old 09-18-2002, 10:12 PM   #8
Hells Forge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, my opinion is the collectors version is stupid. You pay the same amount and may get an extra disc and the other discs, but whats on that disc besides stupid merchant add ons and other crap like that. I Just think its pointless, when i hear they have somethin really good on the edition, then ill come runnin. Until then forget the collectors edition until you scope it out and find out what would make a collector of games want it so bad. To have fun or to say that hes got the damn thing.
Old 09-19-2002, 08:56 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Originally posted by Nanobyte:

"Ice dice? You know the story on that one."

Lmao I know! When I read the contents of the CE I was just like "oh please" I bet it's like a white or blue marble like die....ohhhh...ahhhh... the ice dice !

[ 09-19-2002, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 09-19-2002, 03:52 PM   #10
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:

"Ice dice? You know the story on that one."

Lmao I know! When I read the contents of the CE I was just like "oh please" I bet it's like a white marble like die....ohhhh...ahhhh... the ice dice !
No, I mean their size. They've been officially reinstated as 'Mice Dice'.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote