Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2002, 08:40 AM   #11
-vixen

you know thats funny! cuz i really dont think the mods will do anything haha !... even if i do have proof!

the only one that would probably do somthing would be mouse because he is actually a cool person to talk to!

[ 07-16-2002, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: -vixen ]

Old 07-16-2002, 08:41 AM   #12
The Collective
Manshoon

I personally haven't had a problem with you -vixen, until you posted about demanding respect...

Respect is earned, never demanded.
Old 07-16-2002, 08:43 AM   #13
-vixen

oh ok so your saying is new users that sign up for IW shouldn't get respect in here so it is ok for them to swear at new users and pm them calling them a dike or a fag just because you feel they should have to earn it!!!!!

[ 07-16-2002, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: -vixen ]

Old 07-16-2002, 08:45 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

If I could make a suggestion, vixen?

Nobody is saying that you can't individualize yourself here - the move individuality someone brings to a forum, the more interesting and diverse that forum becomes, which is a good thing. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Maybe it's like moving to a new school - you need to get a feel for the environment, and give people time to get comfortable with you. Doesn't mean you need to compromise your individuality - it just means that you act with a little more reserve and tact just after you join. You don't want people getting the wrong impression of you, and not getting the chance to know who you really are. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I normally find that if you treat someone with respect, you will always receive respect. You don't have to like them or agree with them - but respecting their right to an opinion, and giving everyone a fair hearing - this is all part of the give-and-take of being in a social environment, be it online or offline. And people here are normally very friendly - maybe YOU need to drop your guard and give them a chance to get to know you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just my 2c. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2002, 08:48 AM   #15
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
That's wrong!
I'd suggest sending the PMs on to the mods or even Z himself, IW is usually alot better than that.
I have allredy suggested that in an PM to Marcy allredy Downunda

So Marcy read my pm to you!
Old 07-16-2002, 08:48 AM   #16
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

you shouldn really give a toss what other people perhaps narrow minded others think of you vixen..
Old 07-16-2002, 08:54 AM   #17
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

To narrow down Memnoch's last paragraph:
"what you give is what you get"

let us not judge too quickly
Old 07-16-2002, 08:59 AM   #18
norompanlasolas

dont make so much out of it vixen. its just a forum. if people insult you, ignore them and just talk to the ones that treat you nicely. in real life, nobody would say to your face this things, cause theyd know they get their arses kicked. personally, i think your sigs and your posts are ok. no prob with them whatsoever.

but, then, i hardly have any problems with most things, so. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2002, 09:01 AM   #19
WillowIX
Apophis

Hmm, maybe I´m not seeing the problem here but what´s the prob with the sig? Does anyone find that pic offensive or am I completely missing the point here? (I´m not that smart as you guys think! Hmm, does that make me an idiot? LOL! )

[ 07-16-2002, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 07-16-2002, 09:02 AM   #20
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Hmm, maybe I´m not seeing the problem here nut what´s the prob with the sig? Does anyone find that pic offensive or am I completely missing the point here? (I´m not that smart as you guys think! Hmm, does that make me an idiot? LOL! )
It's already changed... I think it was quoted in one of the other threads, though...