Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2002, 03:46 PM   #11
TheThing
Banned User

the anger needs to flow. Deathkiller's resentment will always be there as long as his father doesnt deal with his life.

let him vent away, I say. and if you dont agree, simply walk away. his anger is justified.
Old 05-06-2002, 04:24 PM   #12
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

all you have to do is get up late a few times(wink wink)and not have enough time to wake him up.i haven't needed an alarm clock in years so i can't understand that kind of a lazy attitude.what's he going to do once you are out on your own?
Old 05-06-2002, 04:52 PM   #13
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

One of the lowest things I think I could do as a parent is to let my child take the fall. If there's one person in your entire life you should be willing to stand up for it's your child. I would not call him a bastard. That's not true. I would simply call him what he is if this is true. He is weak. One small question. Does imbibing in alchoholic beverages until late at night have anything to do with his behavior? If so, YOU need to get a little help from another adult before you fall into a nasty pattern that will only get worse. Children are exceptionally vulnerable to becoming co-dependant.
Old 05-06-2002, 04:57 PM   #14
TheThing
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Children are exceptionally vulnerable to becoming co-dependant.
thats right
Old 05-06-2002, 05:02 PM   #15
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah, you definitely don't want to become a doormat in your relationships.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:46 PM   #16
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Sounds like your pop needs a swift kick in the *ss.

Anyway, I always skipped my detentions - which shocked everyone in my school (back in the 50's and 60's) and got me dates with the ladies.

You didn't deserve it, so if your dad won't get you out of it, get yourself out of it. If they ask you why you didn't show up, say you got lost, or you were abducted by Franciscan monks.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:48 PM   #17
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

To let the blame fall on you his own son is very very low.
If the name fits then by all means use the name. Respect is something you earn, and it sure doesnt seem like your father is earning it any time soon...
Old 05-07-2002, 05:54 AM   #18
Princess
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If it were my dad.. I'd ask him to own up, but if he didn't.. I'd start changing my routine in the mornings and leaving him in bed as I caught a lift/rode my bike/walked to school
Old 05-07-2002, 07:30 AM   #19
andrewas
Harper

You say you get him up every morning?

Simple anwer: Dont. Let him get in trouble for it.

One thing though, you way want to be ready to leave.
Old 05-07-2002, 07:32 AM   #20
Donut
Jack Burton

I find it bizarre that you call him a bastard twice and on both occasions immediately follow it with 'no offense'. Why use the word if you don't want to cause offense?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show