Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-29-2001, 12:27 PM   #1
onthepequod
Quintesson

It's Saturday morning. I have been up for a while now. Ihave ground some coffee beans and have brewed a pot of coffee. Right now, I am sitting in front of my comupter, twenty paces from my shop, with the smell of freshly hewn wood in the air, drinkin a cup of coffee. Life is grand! Coffee always adds a new perspective to things.

Here are my questions for all of you coffee drinkers. Are you a black or doctored up coffee person? What is the best cup of coffee you have every had.

Since I asked the questions, I believe etiquette dictates that I answer first. Personally I like both black coffee and doctored coffee. For me my choice depends on the time of day and the situation. However, with desert I will always drink black.

My favorite cup of coffee is a tie between three; 1) the infamous "Bowl Of Soul" from a coffee house in Sun Valley, ID known as Java, 2) a "Carmal High Rise" from any Carabou Coffee, and 3) a very stout black coffee with an extrordinarily rich desert from Cafe Latte in St. Paul, MN.

------------------
Old 09-29-2001, 12:34 PM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I've got a pot on right now...
It can be good stuff but i've seen addicts who go through five cups before noon...its hard to work with em...

I take it with cream and suger but can handle it black.

Do you have a grinder and grind up your own beans? This is the best i think...mixing diff types can sometypes make a great cup!

[This message has been edited by Djinn Raffo (edited 09-29-2001).]
Old 09-29-2001, 12:39 PM   #3
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
I've got a pot on right now...
It can be good stuff but i've seen addicts who go through five cups before noon...its hard to work with em...

I take it with cream and suger but can handle it black.

Do you have a grinder and grind up your own beans? This is the best i think...mixing diff types can sometypes make a great cup!

[This message has been edited by Djinn Raffo (edited 09-29-2001).]
I used to be a 5 cup before noon type. I had to ween myself. Now I only drink a few cups on Saturday.

I grind my own by hand. I've never tried mixing though. Good idea! I personally love the smell freshly ground coffee leaves in the kitchen.

------------------
Old 09-29-2001, 12:46 PM   #4
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

for me, coffee and other caffinated beverages have lead to problems with my nervous system. it causes me to 'tweak'-violently twitch-every once in a while, which is unfortunate but i can control it unless its very cold. maybe i should eat more...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.
Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 09-29-2001, 12:54 PM   #5
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
for me, coffee and other caffinated beverages have lead to problems with my nervous system. it causes me to 'tweak'-violently twitch-every once in a while, which is unfortunate but i can control it unless its very cold. maybe i should eat more...

That twitching i think happens with a lot of people...just gettin wired!!!!!!
One of guy i know constantly swings his knees together-apart-together...constantly as in all day long...

Yep the smell of freshly ground is absolutly enthralling!
Old 09-29-2001, 12:57 PM   #6
Elif Godson
Dracolich

I would have to go with cream and sugar. Freshly ground is the best first thing
in the morning. I sometimes stop by Starbucks or Barnies just to smell it.

Down here I think Barnies makes the best coffee, there was this place in Vale, Co. that I went to that made the best caapichino I,ve ever had.

As I say on a cold day coffee,coffee,coffee must have coffee.

------------------
Lurking in the shadow's of your dreams,the Ruby Rouge of the ALSB[img] [URL=http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/noncgi/smiles/ewjchomp.gif[/IMG] ] Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen

[This message has been edited by Elif Godson (edited 09-29-2001).]
Old 09-29-2001, 01:09 PM   #7
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:

Sorry to her it SSJ4! Have you ever tried decaf?

------------------
Old 09-29-2001, 01:10 PM   #8
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
Sorry to her it SSJ4! Have you ever tried decaf?

oh hell no! im not trying that, its not so much the coffee as it is the other stuff (coca cola, pepsi, mountain dew... etc). anyways, i cant stand the decaf stuff... of course, ive never tried it so i dont know!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.
Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 09-29-2001, 01:22 PM   #9
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Elif Godson:
I would have to go with cream and sugar. Freshly ground is the best first thing
in the morning. I sometimes stop by Starbucks or Barnies just to smell it.

Down here I think Barnies makes the best coffee, there was this place in Vale, Co. that I went to that made the best caapichino I,ve ever had.

As I say on a cold day coffee,coffee,coffee must have coffee.

I agree coffee and cold days go hand in hand. There is nothing quite like being inside drinking a hot cup of coffee while watching those outside, bundled against the 40 below wind chill, scurrying for the nearest door, as fast as their little half frozen legs will carry them.

------------------
Old 09-29-2001, 01:25 PM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:

Aren't you always weird, and having trouble with your nervous system, Seph??

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe