Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-14-2001, 08:19 PM   #41
Istaron
Banned User

Like you really need help!
Seriously. You have more resources than enough. Do you think the american people are suffering?
Well, in many poor, asian, countries, the children are now searching ruins and sewers for rat-nests. Know why? Because the rats collect seeds for the winter, and if the children found some, they'll have something to eat...
UN needed 1 biljon dollar for researching about aids, a sum they barly collected... while the USA could afford to put about $40 biljon on their military defences...
Nono, you do not suffer more than anyone else, and you are not going to go under. Stop whining, and think of how lucky you are!

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-14-2001, 08:26 PM   #42
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
Like you really need help!
Seriously. You have more resources than enough. Do you think the american people are suffering?
Well, in many poor, asian, countries, the children are now searching ruins and sewers for rat-nests. Know why? Because the rats collect seeds for the winter, and if the children found some, they'll have something to eat...
UN needed 1 biljon dollar for researching about aids, a sum they barly collected... while the USA could afford to put about $40 biljon on their military defences...
Nono, you do not suffer more than anyone else, and you are not going to go under. Stop whining, and think of how lucky you are!

How lucky we are to be hit my a terrorist attack that killed about 5000 of our citizens? Yeah we are lucky

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-14-2001, 08:29 PM   #43
Istaron
Banned User

A mayority of your citizens have food for the day (I think)... it could have been alot worse.

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-14-2001, 08:40 PM   #44
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Canada would help..... except we dont have nuclear power.....

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Co-owner of The Abyssal Pit
The Spaminyte Emperor
Official Demon/Villain of IW!
Fish? Welcome to your Doom!

Old 09-14-2001, 09:51 PM   #45
Nostron
Manshoon

Okay okay okay... i get it. But about my other point that other countries are labeling the U.S. as some kind of war mongrel when they try to help the people over throw an unfair government. Yes it's true that we are proud to be self
sufficient but all iam asking is that other countries shouldn't label our contry all these negative names just because we are trying to help

------------------
That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 09-14-2001, 09:59 PM   #46
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
A mayority of your citizens have food for the day (I think)... it could have been alot worse.
Istaron, while I do appreciate the general pointI think you mean to make, this can be misconstrued. Yes, it could be worse, everything anywhere "COULD" be worse. We could have had a nuclear war and all be ashes now...but that doesn't make us hurt any less for what DID happen.

Most of us do realize that there is suffering in the world on a daily basis. We are just dealing with a severe blow to our own soil, our own psyche as a nation. Please let us mourn and then worry about enlightening folk on the ills of the world, ok?

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-14-2001, 10:06 PM   #47
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil:
Canada would help..... except we dont have nuclear power.....

Yes We do Gwhanos. Not that that has anything to do with helping or not helping.

We don't have nuclear weapons...but we do have nuclear facilities.

At a place called Chalk River in Ontario there is a nuclear plant and it is not the only one in Canada.

[This message has been edited by Djinn Raffo (edited 09-14-2001).]
Old 09-14-2001, 10:09 PM   #48
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

There are a lot of nuclear plants...I got to tour one of them in Ontario

My father-in-law was a 'member' (can't remember official title...more like judge I think) on the Ontario Energy Board

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-14-2001, 10:40 PM   #49
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Nostron:
Okay okay okay... i get it. But about my other point that other countries are labeling the U.S. as some kind of war mongrel when they try to help the people over throw an unfair government. Yes it's true that we are proud to be self
sufficient but all iam asking is that other countries shouldn't label our contry all these negative names just because we are trying to help

Nostron, what in the world are you talking about? Name ONE example of where the US was just trying to help "the people overthrow an unfair government."
Old 09-14-2001, 11:19 PM   #50
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Nostron, what in the world are you talking about? Name ONE example of where the US was just trying to help "the people overthrow an unfair government."
Objection Counselor! Highly prejudicial where did Nostron use the word "just". The introduction of that word changes the whole meaning of his statement.
Will the court reporter please read back Nostron's statement
************************************************** ******************************
Originally posted by Nostron:
************************************************** ******************************
Haitti 1992 (I believe maybe '93)
Panama 1989
Dominican Republic early '60's
Soviet Block 1945-1990

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"