Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-09-2000, 10:05 PM   #1
Faen

I am stuck in the gnome stronghold in the underdark and I can't get past Balor. I have tried everything that I can think of. PLEASE HELP!!! I have 2 clerics, a cleric/mage, 2 mages, and a fighter.

Old 11-09-2000, 10:39 PM   #2
Armisael

Protection from Evil doesn't work?

Old 11-09-2000, 10:52 PM   #3
Faen

nope i've tried hasting everyone. It can cast fear and hold immediately and it seems multi-directional too. Everyone has armour to the max and none of my fighter's weapon's work on it. All magical weapons. If I can get a hit in with the flail of ages it is almost immune to all of that damage. it is driving me nuts

Old 11-10-2000, 08:49 AM   #4
Ribs

I believe he's immune +2 or lower weapons. There's a spell that creates temporary enchanted weapons, and I believe those are +3 if you want to stand toe to toe with him. With all of those clerics, you may want to memorize a bunch of bolt of glory spells (10d6 vs demons). Try spelling up your fighter and distract the demon while pummeling him with spells. Good luck.

Old 11-12-2000, 12:26 AM   #5
gary1

You sound like me: I used every weapon, arrow, bolt, & bullet I could think of (using an editor); I even tried the Dragonslayer sword & Slayer mode on my main character- I got tired of seeing everyone run like hell after one or two rounds (Slayer didn't last long, either. I finally tried Potion-Clarity to elimate fear: I managed to kill him in a short time, then.