Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 05:29 AM   #1
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Ok Big Spoiler tag at the very top,

S
p
o
i
l
e
r

s
p
a
c
e

Ok, not that's out of the way, I was doing the CC quest, freeing the slaves, killing the beastmaster and all that,
I've freed Hendak, and we charge off to kill lethain(sp?), Hendak does his little speach and I attack Lethain killing him before Hendak get's more than a hit in..

The fight ends, Hendak turns hostile and attacks, Huh what?!

Yea, seams he realy didn't want charname's help after all. Anyone else run into other silly little things like this? anyone think up a good reason why Hendak would feel inclined to attack?

Benard still gives the disscount though.

Quote:
FYI
Your search did not return any results.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:44 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

did it happen several times?

and the usual questions of patch blah blah blah [img]tongue.gif[/img]

or it could be that you must have hit him unintentionally or one of his henchmen by area effect of something.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:00 AM   #3
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Every time, no I make a point of only not wasting spell's in the CC quest..

I'm fully patched, never played the game without tha patches (Tob)
Old 02-10-2005, 07:58 AM   #4
Sillara of the Tamari
The Magister

For some reason, if you interfere in that battle, Hendak will always turn hostile. You just have to wait it out. It makes very little sense, I freely admit; it is, however, the way it is currently scripted.

However, ctrl+Y will not cause him to turn hostile. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sillara
Can you accept a necromancer? Can you trust a murderer? Can you love [url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=17\" target=\"_blank\">Tsujatha</a>?<br />If you like Tsujatha, you should read his [url]\"http://www.gilalion.com/novels.htm\" target=\"_blank\">novels</a>.<br />Natha ssin\'urn lu\' dwalc ilythiiri noamuth wund l\' rivven: [url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=18\" target=\"_blank\">Yasraena</a> zhah ghil!<br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=16\" target=\"_blank\">Saerileth\'s</a> bounty is as boundless as the sea; the more she gives to you, the more she has, for her love is infinite.
Sillara of the Tamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:32 AM   #5
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Yes, here have a cracker you witty thing you.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

I was just saying and also asking, does anyone else find this the least bit odd?

BTW, anyone noticed that Lethain has dialog for if he kills Hendak, but you almost never see it because he almost always loses...
Old 02-10-2005, 09:46 AM   #6
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Well, he's certainly very proud. Maybe he's just really annoyed that you stole the revenge he's been waiting for over many years and in the heat of battle turns on you in anger.
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:18 PM   #7
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

Yep, this has happened to me in my fully patched game as well. But it doesn't happen every time. I think if you let Hendak start to attack Lethinen and then step in to make the killing blow, he won't go hostile. But if you attack and kill him before Hendak gets a chance it pisses him off or something.

I can't explain it.