Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-19-2001, 08:42 PM   #11
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hard for me to vote one particular game as the best one in my opinion, as I like a lot of games for different reasons. If they were all the same it would be much easier to pick a "best" if that makes sense.

Planescape Torment I loved, and was the ONLY computer game that actually touched me, and made me think of deep things, and really, like when reading a book, ended up caring for the characters as if they were real, the game did that, it brought the characters to life, let you get to know them, and the main character had quite a PAST, and slowly throughout the game you get to "remember" it all, and it makes you understand your fellow "companions" better, just damn! Was an excellent game, and again, the only game that actually brought tears to my eyes when watching the ending movie. The fact that there may never be another Planescape Torment, Part II, or whatever, kills me, because that game, and that story, has so many places it could go, tis a crying shame

BG1 and BG2 I also love. They did not have the "depth" in storyline as Planescape, but made up for it in all sorts of options, and NPC's, and quests, etc. Both are HUGE games, and I am STILL playing both of them (been years since I played BG1, but with the TOTSC and DSTOTSC add ons, I still play, and I bought BG2 a year ago, still playing), in multiplayer games and single player games with add-ons as well, Baldurs Gate is the best with longevity, as it can entertain in so many ways, and for such a long time.

Played Return to Krondor too, was a short game, but I was totally addicted to it. The lock picking/trap detecting was awesome and just plain fun to learn! And I loved the way the characters looked on the screen, the way they shifted and moved when in pause while deciding what "attack" you are going to employ LOL. And I also LOVED the sound effects, the grunting when your character lunges to attack, and the sound of steel on steel, was so realistic. Hope they make another one of these!

Lands of Lore is another game I liked. Is first person, but has a lot of things to do in it, four CDs, and adds humor here and there, is all around challenging and fun at the same time. Even though I must say that Lands of Lore II is really the only good one, I thought the LOL 3 looked bad graphics wise in comparison. Go figure...?

------------------
Old 10-19-2001, 08:46 PM   #12
Neb
Account deleted by Request

LOL3 isn't as good as LOL1, now THERE's a cool game.