Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-29-2001, 01:43 PM   #1
StarVid
Elminster

First, in the alignment description, it says that CN characters would be best described as "lunatics and madmen", is it possible to have a mentally sane CN character. Like if your character has a Wis and Int of 18, I can't imagine them being insane, especially with the high Wis. But I could be wrong...

Also, it doesn't say this in the book, but I'm wondering what priest spells have alignment restrictions. I know some can be cast by only good chars, and some can be cast by only non-good chars, and so forth, but I don't know the specifics.

As for the dualed clerics, I'm working on a dual cleric/mage, but trying to figure out the best time to dual. I could dual at 9 and still max out as a mage, or do so at 13, an only loose one level as a mage. Would there be any benefit to dualing any sooner then 13, but after 9, other than being able to use my cleric abilities sooner?

Thanks.
Old 09-29-2001, 01:55 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

The alingment descriptions are examples and generilizations... there's plenty on prefectly sane Chaotic neutral blokes. (like me. )

I would dual at lv. 13, because in the long run, you gain a lot more than you lose... and if you get ToB you'll be glad of the extra levels.

Just my opinion.

------------------
Old 09-29-2001, 02:06 PM   #3
Istaron
Banned User

Sane just because of high Int? Nonono... do you know that many serial-killers (many who also eat their victims) was very intelligent.
The difference between genious and insanity is the amount of money

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-29-2001, 02:41 PM   #4
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Hrm it may be possible to be sane AND be chaotic neutral but I don't think most people "get" what CN is all about. I think if you are chaotic neutral and were presented with the same moral dilema several times you would never chose the same reaction to it. Its not quite random its... well nobody knows thats what chaos is about hehe.
Old 09-29-2001, 03:34 PM   #5
StarVid
Elminster

Quote:

Sane just because of high Int? Nonono... do you know that many serial-killers (many who also eat their victims) was very intelligent.
The difference between genious and insanity is the amount of money

end quote.

You're right, Int wouldn't really matter, but Wis would. When you're wise, you know what's up, I can't imagine someone being wise and still random like a CN character would be. I swear, CN is the only alignment that I can't visualize, and I've been trying to figure it out since the PnP days...
Old 09-29-2001, 05:37 PM   #6
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
The alingment descriptions are examples and generilizations... there's plenty on prefectly sane Chaotic neutral blokes. (like me. )

I would dual at lv. 13, because in the long run, you gain a lot more than you lose... and if you get ToB you'll be glad of the extra levels.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, Jerome is perfectly sane

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
I'd be Mirac, mighty mage of er... uhm.. er.. - Mirac Honorguard
Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
Old 09-29-2001, 05:40 PM   #7
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:

Hannibal rings a bell here

btw, Jan is CN

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
I'd be Mirac, mighty mage of er... uhm.. er.. - Mirac Honorguard
Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force

[This message has been edited by Mirac Honorguard (edited 09-29-2001).]
Old 09-30-2001, 12:06 AM   #8
Luther
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by StarVid:
Quote:

You're right, Int wouldn't really matter, but Wis would. When you're wise, you know what's up, I can't imagine someone being wise and still random like a CN character would be. I swear, CN is the only alignment that I can't visualize, and I've been trying to figure it out since the PnP days...
Ever seen the movie 'Fight Club'? I've always imagined Tyler Durdan (played by Brad Pitt) as being Chaotic Neutral.
Old 09-30-2001, 12:53 AM   #9
G'kar

Alignment determines a characters behavior in relation to the world around him.
A character's stats like wisdom, intel, and charisma give the model for how that behavior manifests.

In relation to wisdom...A CN would be wise enough to know the consequences of rash behavior, but do it anyway. The "I have a conscience, but choose to ignore it at my leisure" syndrome.