Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2003, 02:23 PM   #41
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

gotta be when my friend slammed his bedroom door while my right index finger was still curled around the hinge side of the door. The tip of it got squished beyond recognition and now I have this ugly looking E.T. type finger [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2003, 02:30 PM   #42
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Age 9: I groped a girl(man, I was a rascal) and while running away, I fell down a hill and smacked my knee in a beer bottle sticking out of the ground. The rest of my leg followed, resulting in a 20 cm long cut all the way to the bone. I lost about half a liter of blood, but I survived.
Age 10: fell down a stairwell. With lots of stairs. Sharp, short, high stairs. Tymora smiled upon me, so I was fine.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:40 PM   #43
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I'd say my worst childhood accident was around five or six years ago when I was eleven. It was at night, and my brother was over at my house, so was my cousin and her husband. They were taking a look at the computer while me and my brother were wrestling in my bedroom. At the time I was a heavy set kid, still am but not as much as I was. So we were horsing around, until I went to kick him and he caught my foot. He pulled it up in the air and I fell back, and put out my hand to catch myself, but when I did, I bent my hand backwards, twisted my arm, and fractured my wrist. Hurt like hell, and took 2 hours to get it looked at in the emergency room. Not one of my fondest memories [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 11-09-2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Old 11-09-2003, 02:58 PM   #44
SecretMaster
Apophis

When i was like 1 yr old or something, i almost drowned in my pool, the doctors said i was like 2-3 min away from death or something. Still have a very vague memory of it, and it is scary as hell.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:01 PM   #45
Link
Jack Burton

I got bitten by our own dog when I was like 4 years old. I wanted to examine his teeth (don't ask me why ) so I opened his mouth, but accidently squeezed his nose shut, so he couldn't breathe.
After a while he bit me in my cheek, and you can still see the marks.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:26 PM   #46
sultan

damn, y'all deserve darwin awards or something! my 3 worst stories arent anywhere near the tamest of the above:

- jumping on the bed at age 4 and slipped off, cracking my temple on the edge of a table, only an inch from my eye. lucky, but only required one stitch to close.

- jumping out of an above ground pool at age 11, my trunks caught on the edge i fell head first to the ground. at the last split second, i turned my head so it landed top down (i remember thinking, if i can channel the energy down my spine directly, maybe i wont break my neck). got up without anything more than a bump.

- jumping up to spike a ball during volleyball at age 16, the person behind me came up to stand under me (dunno why). i landed on their instep and felt, in slow motion, my ankle bend completely sideways. when i think about it, i can still feel my full weight standing on the bones at the end of my leg. i saw a thin red line in my clouded vision that stretched.... and snapped. the coach told me to "walk it off". i limped for weeks and eventually gave up tae kwon do after 3 months without being able to work out.

- epilogue - 2 years later i sprained the same ankle in college playing football. worried about a break, i had an xray. the doc said "it's fine, no break - but i see you've broken it before! healed real nice, too!"

hmmm... i see a pattern. note to self: no more jumping.

[ 11-09-2003, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: sultan ]

Old 11-09-2003, 10:05 PM   #47
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

well, I was playing with my dad's Katana. I didn't know it was that sharp. I slash my own wrist, lots of blood come out. I slump to the ground, the whole world become dark. When I woke up I was in the hospital. i still have that cut scar on my wrist until today. eww...
Old 11-09-2003, 10:13 PM   #48
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Although it sounds mean, it was pretty funny reading about people getting hurt. I know, I know, it's harsh, but it's just human nature .

Anyway, I'm really big on basketball, and I ended up breaking my thumb 1 day while playing basketball. No big deal, I could get surgery if needed to heal it up quicker, or just let it out for 4 weeks. I decided to wait the 4 weeks (which obviously made my coach angry since he wanted me back, but hey, I didn't wanna get surgery). Three weeks into it, I banged my head accidentally on a glass table, and the back of my head was bleeding a lot. I had to get 5 staples in my head. My doctor said that I should stay inactive for 2 weeks (more yelling from my coach from being out an extra week). Luckily, my hair covers the mark from the stitches though...

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 11-10-2003, 05:55 AM   #49
Petey the Mad Monk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Back when I was 6 or 7 I was outside a public pool waiting for my brother and sister. I was hanging on the railing of the bleachers there and spung over it and hit my face on the corner of the stairs. I was walking around with blood pouring out of hole I smashed into my cheek an inch from my eye. Several stiches for that. I broke the same finger 3 times in 1 school year. Broke my nose 2 times in 1 season of wrestling in high school.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:57 AM   #50
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

Quote:
Originally posted by sultan:
damn, y'all deserve darwin awards or something!
i would like a darwin award that would be cool but i dont think my accident would get one...