Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-03-2001, 07:02 PM   #11
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Last time I checked I was female (whew!). Age 35 here. I have noticed that with the males the age ranges here on this board are from 13 to 50-something. But us female rpgers seem to be on the older side. Melusine I think is our youngest. No teenagers at all. Go figure?!

Guess it's the hormones, lol!
5-1

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 04-03-2001, 08:18 PM   #12
Draconia

Hi Fljotsdale. I am female, will be 27 soon, and I started with BG. I bought it and now I am hooked. I have only had my computer for 2 1/2 yrs so I haven't been playing for very long. And I am a stay at home mommy.
Old 04-03-2001, 08:42 PM   #13
PreciousGollum
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm male (25),but my partner was the one who actually got me into PnP roleplaying,she was the dungeon mistress (no sniggering),for a goup of four other females who used to get together every sunday.She eventually roped (I said NO SNIGGERING) me into playing one day and I have been on the receiving end of much good natured ribbing by the devilish ladies ever scince.

------------------
"It hurts us,it hurts us.It freezes,it bites!"
Old 04-03-2001, 09:13 PM   #14
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Hi, Fljotsdale! I am female, 38 years old... I've been gaming for only about a year now... Nice to meet'cha!

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 04-03-2001, 09:42 PM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Fljotsdale,

Hello! Checking in and uh don't worry, I'll pack LoA off with me when I leave and maybe you could get someone to clean up that drool-puddle he's making

I'm 40, female, have a BA and MA in Russian (lang/lit) and work as a Secretary/admin assistant at a university. I have finished IWD and am puttering in 2 BG2 games, one single and one multi-player. I've been around as a member since January.

Melusine's right, there are several threads out there on who we are, our gender and ages, etc. This is nice to do every now and then to let new folk know who we all are and tell us about themselves! I remember there weren't all that many of us back in January! Nice to meet you!

Cloudbringer
Self-Appointed Welcome Wagon of The Ironworks Forum
Keeper of the LoA (somebody had to have the keys!)

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-03-2001, 09:51 PM   #16
Moni

Hello Fljotsdale!

I am coming over from the Wizards & Warriors Forum to be counted as well!

Female, age 39, I have been playing CRPG's for at least ten years!

Lots of ladies at the W&W forum, including Wyvern, the moderator! I'll post a thread to get them over here to be counted as well!

: )
Moni

Old 04-03-2001, 10:03 PM   #17
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hehe! That's 9-2 now!
Nice to meet all you gaming ladies - as well as my Precious, lol! Maybe we should should set up a header later, to say how many women have responded to this. May give game creators pause for thought!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 04-03-2001, 10:05 PM   #18
CyberPixie

I'm a 24-year-old woman who plays Wizards & Warriors. I used to play some of the old Wizardry games. Before that, I played games on the incredibly old Intelevision. (Did any of you ever have one of those?)
I have degrees in philosophy and religion and am currently working in a customs brokerage firm. Playing these games gives me a way to take out some of my frustrations!
By the way...do any of you ever meet guys who are just taken aback by the fact that you are a female gamer? I have several male friends that just think I'm the coolest because I play Magic the Gathering, play rpg's (pen and paper as well as on the computer), and love sci-fi/fantasy books and movies.

Old 04-03-2001, 10:12 PM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Hello Fljotsdale!

I am coming over from the Wizards & Warriors Forum to be counted as well!

Female, age 39, I have been playing CRPG's for at least ten years!

Lots of ladies at the W&W forum, including Wyvern, the moderator! I'll post a thread to get them over here to be counted as well!

: )
Moni
Hi Moni, Nice to meet you! And YES please do send them over here! I've been meaning to go invite everyone to the General Discussions board and maybe they'll all come take a peak if you post for the ladies!

Great to see so many of us posting here!

Cloudbringer

------------------

Storm-Queen
Old 04-03-2001, 10:24 PM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberPixie:
I'm a 24-year-old woman who plays Wizards & Warriors. I used to play some of the old Wizardry games. Before that, I played games on the incredibly old Intelevision. (Did any of you ever have one of those?)
I have degrees in philosophy and religion and am currently working in a customs brokerage firm. Playing these games gives me a way to take out some of my frustrations!
By the way...do any of you ever meet guys who are just taken aback by the fact that you are a female gamer? I have several male friends that just think I'm the coolest because I play Magic the Gathering, play rpg's (pen and paper as well as on the computer), and love sci-fi/fantasy books and movies.

Hey CyberPixie!

Great nickname! Yes I play and talk about computer games mostly with male friends (several of whom are married to friends of mine and I 'borrow' them to play). I have one female friend who is getting interested in IWD because her husband and I talk about it alot!

Nice to meet you!

Cloudbringer

------------------

Storm-Queen