Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-06-2000, 10:42 PM   #1
Beetle

Vioncia Sucks....the first time ive gotten her she didnt have any good spells......Then she dropped my reputation down by 2 points.....I can't have that Im a good guy!! I have a reputation of 19..Heroic!! My current party is
Mojo-San(My Mage) Keldron, Jaheria, Aerie, Minsc, and that one guy I found in the Umar Hills..Valygar or somthing...

Is that a good roster?

Old 11-06-2000, 11:22 PM   #2
Armisael

Viconia is the best cleric in the game. Want to know why? Because, simply put, she's the only non-dualled/multiclassed cleric in the game. That means she levels faster and gets the most memorization slots. In my game, she has six memorizations in sixth level priest spells. She makes a great healer, disabler or attacker. Give her a strength boosting item and she can even fight well - Belt of Hill Giant Strength and Flail of Ages means she does about 25 damage per hit. Taking only good-aligned NPCs is just stupid, because the three best NPCs in the game happen to be evil.

Old 11-07-2000, 05:23 AM   #3
BaatoRyan

yep! armisael's right! viconia is the best one... its making me regret why i dropped her!!! oh well, i recoomend you don't remove aerie coz she is a great, great back up!!! i'd rather you remove valygar... he aint worth your time im tellin ya! just get him for the planar sphere quest... no.. KILL HIM.

am i a paladin... maybe bhaal's catchin up with me... no!!!

Old 11-07-2000, 08:56 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

Vioncia Sucks....the first time ive gotten her she didnt have any good spells......Then she dropped my reputation down by 2 points.....

Here are the facts as to why Viconia is the BEST cleric in the game bar NONE:
She will quickly have access to a lot of good offensive spells such as Flamestrike, Bolt of Glory and Repulse Undead, just to name a few. and Chaotic Commands is such a good spell to use against baddies who try to dominate, confuse or panic you.
She levels up a lot more quickly than Jaheira or Aerie who are both multiclass. Outfitted with the right equipment (don't want to spoil you) she is a better fighter than either of those two as Armisael and BaatoRyan said and her dex of 19 means with the right armor you can get her AC down to -8 or -9.
her magic resistance of 65% is something you will thank her for when your party gets chaosed because more likely than not she won't be.
the practical benefit of a rep of 17 as opposed to 19 is only a 10% reduction in the base price of an item. You will be rolling in gold soon anyway and cost will not be an issue. Your problem will probably be keeping your rep from reaching 19 otherwise you lose her.
she is PERSONALITY PLUS and she is a SEX BOMB!

I rest my case.

BTW re your other question: you'll know if it's a good roster as you keep on playing. That's part of the fun of the game, you'll know how to structure your party according to your playing style.
Old 11-08-2000, 02:53 AM   #5
Armisael

I agree completely, except for one thing; personality plus? Plus what? I can think of a several things, mostly involving the menstrual cycle.

Old 11-08-2000, 03:52 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Heh heh. Come on Armisael, don't you think she's the kind of babe you wouldn't take home to meet mother, eh? Funny about the three girls available for horizontal dancing:

Aerie - giggly, always complaining, naive, airhead, probably a Libran.
Jaheira - needs that emotional connection, friends first, lovers second. Shoulder to cry on. Cancerian definitely.
Viconia - HOT and COLD. Loves herself. Eternally plays mind games. Thinks she's better than everyone else. Very opinionated. Definitely a Leo (like myself!!!)
Old 11-08-2000, 04:41 AM   #7
Armisael

Well, yes, she's an interesting one, but the way she talks about ritual sacrifices just puts me right off. I'll stick with my courtesans any day.

Old 11-08-2000, 08:08 AM   #8
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Has anyone actually had Viconia leave because their reputation got too high. I got up to twenty and she stayed around. We were also a long way into the romance by this stage though so maybe that's why she stayed. I had Jaheira complaining more than Viconia when my rep was up high.
Old 11-08-2000, 09:03 AM   #9
BaatoRyan

wait... i thought people with the same astro sign dont go togethr? now what am i gonna do! even if aerie ma gf in the game, i start to miss viconia badly!!! but jaheira is good to! crap

Old 11-08-2000, 09:09 AM   #10
Armisael

Heh. Looks like Black Isle hit the jackpot with this romance thing. Seems to be getting to everyone.