Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-28-2003, 11:19 PM   #11
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Dude, Im confused..that sounded waaaay harsh.
Explain.
Where was I harsh?

Do we like seeing her upset and in trouble? No...we are sad for her.

Do we have every desire to help her improve her situation? Yes, that is why we are here.

Prevention is waaaaay better than fixing a problem....What's your problem with my post?
Old 05-28-2003, 11:46 PM   #12
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

No Larry is not being Harsh. He just wants to see that one our own comes to us first so that she doesn't have anymore problems with the Hack attack she seams to keep running into. WE can and will help any of you Just ask us what you would like to use or try and somebody here will jump at the chance to help.

OH and Stormmystic that poetry contest that you tryed to win has been posted as a major Virus carrier and is now under investigation by the F.B.I. for fraud.

Oh yeah one more thing Stormy --- BANG BANG consider yourself shot
Old 05-28-2003, 11:52 PM   #13
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
quote:

Explain.
Where was I harsh?

Do we have every desire to help her improve her situation? Yes, that is why we are here.

Prevention is waaaaay better than fixing a problem....What's your problem with my post?
[/QUOTE]It's the lack of smilies.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:15 AM   #14
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

ok k , from now on before I download something that looks cool, I will ask if anyone knows anything aout it,k?

ok here is a happy post [img]smile.gif[/img] I found my IWD HoW cd's that my kids lost, somehow they made their way back into the case, which is funny cuz I never put them there, have a stack holder that I put them on oh well at least I found them in good condition
Old 05-29-2003, 12:21 AM   #15
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
quote:

Explain.
Where was I harsh?

[/QUOTE]If I might.

Stormymystic's original post was a warning to everyone here to be careful when downloading software from the net. Always good advice, but I wouldn't consider her original or her subsequent post a tale of pain and woe. She was sharing an experience that happened to her, as many of us do here on IW and by doing so, learning from her mistakes and hopefully making the right decisions in the future.

I think perhaps the wording may have been a little harsh.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:25 AM   #16
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
I have adware, spybot and stopsign, and everything from these guys are distroyed..but stillno luck on the missingfile

the case files I am refering to are system case files and can not find anything on them I do not have $90 to spend, so I am pretty much lost right now
Depending on what version of Windows you are running, you can run a utility bundled with Windows called System File Checker. It will replace any missing or corrupt system files from your original install CD.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:31 AM   #17
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

You seem to be developing a habit for this sorta thing. Hackers all over the world are online in instant messaging windows saying, "Dude! Shes back for more! What should we do this time!"

If you have not realized it yet...the guys and gals that make up IronWorks are some of the smartest bunch on the net, and know how to keep you safe and running. How about asking thier permission before doing anything else that will send you back here with more disaster stories We actually do not like seeing all these posts of pain and woe from you. We would much prefer you talking up stories of success and happiness through making the right choices!

Good luck.

Any better? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2003, 01:33 AM   #18
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks Luvian! You are right ...the smiley's help the post. I will try to remember to use those more.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:01 AM   #19
MagiK

Quote:
Thanks Luvian! You are right ...the smiley's help the post. I will try to remember to use those more.

Larry I didn't mean to upset you, I just thought that your post, ...well when I read it..it sounded like you were slamming her.....believe me..Mysticelt taxes my abilities when it comes to downloading ...."stuff"... off the net or clicking on the popups....so maybe I was compensating for my own lack of tact with Mysticelt on this issue.

Old 05-29-2003, 09:07 AM   #20
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

*blaM*....