Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-16-2002, 09:10 PM   #41
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

ok so let me get this straight, so the Nerthlands HAS no government right now? Or is it just a country without leaders? Will they get new leaders? If so though what process and who will be chosen? Does anybody really know?!?! O_o i bet they didn't have a system for if EVERYBODY up and quits! That would be like every governmental employee in Washington resigning, or like all the members of the Diet in Japan commiting scuicide simultaneously...

0.o oye vay! I bet its absolute chaos right now! I have Dutch freinds too! I might want to check up on them see how their lives are doing...
Old 04-16-2002, 10:11 PM   #42
Alexander
Drow Warrior

I think the Netherlands is in a situation similar to a hypothetical one in which the American President and his Cabinet all resign.
Old 04-16-2002, 10:26 PM   #43
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by Rikard_OHF:
quote:
And I forget but wasnt it you lot over there on that side of the globe who have the man who is responsible in a cushy lil prison cell with cable tv and a nice weight room?...cable?? wait I read they were installing satellite tv for him ...my bad.
Don;t you think we should trial this guy?
Or is shooting everybody dead your answer to everything?
[/QUOTE]Yeah actually I DO believe mass murderers should be executed immediatley upon arres. However in this case he has had his trial, and now he lives a far more comfy life than many of those who suffered his atrocities.
[/QUOTE]i totally agree... henry kissinger should be shot in the back of his head and his carcass left to rot and be eaten by vultures.

wait, you we were talking about kissinger right?
[/QUOTE]While I don't care for Mr. Kissinger one bit, remember that all proposals had to have clearence from his boss - who is dead at the moment.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:57 AM   #44
Alexander
Drow Warrior

Quote:
As for the Israeli issue, the tactic you suggest has been tried and failed so many times its hard to cuont them all, there is another solution, just kill all the palistinians....that would end the conflict, but no one really likes that idea so it isn't going to happen.
That is a horribly barbaric solution, and only the sickest of the sick would dare propose genocide!

Quote:
Israel has had plenty of provocation to go in and occupy all of the west bank, but thats just an opinion and it is irrelevant, since the stated goal of the PLO and the surrounding arab nations is the elimination of the jews, I do believe the Israelis have the right to do whatever they deem nesecary to survive as a race and a nation.
Okay - suppose Russia grabs some displaced persons and decides to create a country for them. Not in its own borders, mind you, but in ours. It sets up a nice comfy little country in what used to be New England, and all New Englanders (including this one) are ejected, and the closest we can get to our homes is New York. Or, if this will hit closer to home, suppose they occupy Maryland and throw you out of your home.

And then, when all is said and done, Russia and the new country's residents wonder why, when they give you Baltimore back, you don't just shut up about it.

Do these people want to eliminate Isreal? I'm sure they do! I'm sure if I were in a similar situation, I'd want my home back as well. The suicide bombings are the product of religious fanaticism and frustration - frustration that the Israeli leadership continues to oppress them. I don't support the suicide bombers, but I feel for the Palestinians, many of whom are innocent people who just want their homes back.

The situation won't get better by killing Palestinians. And, guess what? It won't get better by killing Israelis. It will get better when the now-displaced Palestinians have a country of their own once again.

Unfortunately, Sharon is a lunatic and Arafat is rather weak at this point, so negotiations aren't going to make much headway. I approve of Colin Powell's efforts (and I'm glad to see the Bush administration is finally backing away from Sharon), but I doubt it'll do much good in the long run. The administration most likely to broker a peace deal in that area was unfortunately cheated out of victory by a bunch of illegal absentee military ballots.
Old 04-17-2002, 03:11 AM   #45
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
For those of you that don't know, Srebrenica is comparable with 11 september, only alot more people died. But I guess your value as a person 'is' determined by your nationality, since absolutly no one outside Bosnia or the Netherlands has heard from it. Rather 1000 anonymous muslims dead then one citizen from the west. Its a sad world.
If it makes you feel any better, only some Americans value American lives over a human life. Yes I put it that way, placing value on a human life based on nationality, or the like, is de-humanizing. IMO people who think like that are less than human, and have alot of learning to do. Death is the same whoever you are and where ever your from, it is DEATH.

Anyway, I respect the humility and the sense of responsibility displayed by the Dutch goverment, traits sorely lacking in many of my so-called leaders here in America.
[/QUOTE]I'm not attacking just the Americans in this thread, but the topic seems to have changed to 'lets bash the US'. I'm just saying that people don't give a damn what is happingen on people at the other end of the globe unless it posses a thread for ourselves or becomes so big we can no longer ignore it. The Dutch goverment never send much support to Srebrenica even though they were to blaim. Instead, they choose to hide behind reports. The US goverment didn't do anything to help the people in Afghanistan escape the oppresion, even though they were to blaim for putting the Taliban into power in the first place. And there are numerous examples like this. Again, its not fair to only blaim to US for this. Especially since they have nothing to do with the topic of this thread. In fact, they even offered the Dutch troops at Srebrenica spy equipment to keep track of the Serbs.

[ 04-17-2002, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Old 04-17-2002, 03:49 AM   #46
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
ok so let me get this straight, so the Nerthlands HAS no government right now? Or is it just a country without leaders? Will they get new leaders? If so though what process and who will be chosen? Does anybody really know?!?! O_o i bet they didn't have a system for if EVERYBODY up and quits! That would be like every governmental employee in Washington resigning, or like all the members of the Diet in Japan commiting scuicide simultaneously...

0.o oye vay! I bet its absolute chaos right now! I have Dutch freinds too! I might want to check up on them see how their lives are doing...
Don't worry, there are new elections in a few weeks anyways... And there will be a demissionaire Cabinet now for the remaining couple of weeks.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:24 AM   #47
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

... . . . [img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img] I think bunnies should take over the world. [img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img] . . . . [img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img] . . . . . . . [img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img] ................................. [img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img] !

[ 04-17-2002, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: Katherine ]
Old 04-17-2002, 04:45 AM   #48
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
quote:
I've said it before, if you are the USA, you get beat up on if you do something, and you get beat up if you don't. There is NO winning postion if you are the USA.....except for the fact that you are the lone world super power...there is that consolation I suppose.
You are a wise man, MagiK. [/QUOTE]ROTFLMAO. Nice post Arledrian. One small tip though - it is best if you add a smiley so that everyone knows you are being sarcastic. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 04-17-2002, 05:22 AM   #49
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
quote:
I've said it before, if you are the USA, you get beat up on if you do something, and you get beat up if you don't. There is NO winning postion if you are the USA.....except for the fact that you are the lone world super power...there is that consolation I suppose.
You are a wise man, MagiK. [/QUOTE]ROTFLMAO. Nice post Arledrian. One small tip though - it is best if you add a smiley so that everyone knows you are being sarcastic. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]ROFL! Of course he was being sarcastic. Right?
...Right?
Old 04-17-2002, 05:37 AM   #50
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:

Don't worry, there are new elections in a few weeks anyways... And there will be a demissionaire Cabinet now for the remaining couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]Groj is right - of course we're not suddenly plunged into anarchy. Since the elections are next month, the resignations are symbolic more than anything else: a way to show how serious the government is repentant about the disaster in Srebrenica. They will stay on to bridge the gap between now and the hour of the installment of the new government, to keep the factory going so to speak.

Dreamer: As a matter of fact, there WAS a lot of media coverage on Srebrenica, don't be so fast to judge! Read Ramon's post on Pandemonium, he's got the right of it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Magik....

.... hmmm, on second thought, I'm not even going to bother.