Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-13-2007, 10:42 PM   #31
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, September 4, 2007

Errr...no? LOL. What the hell was it?

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:09 PM   #32
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

*wipes mind clean... fails*

I have no idea what Peel/cocker is, but it sounds painful. Was he buying medicine for it?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:08 AM   #33
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion

Yeah, if i needed Peel and/or cocker, i would be seeing a professional.

give us a hint: How much was it?

And who uses cheques these days anyway???
Old 09-14-2007, 07:00 AM   #34
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ROTFL! Hubby's handwriting is hmm...well....a bit ...difficult to read sometimes (ask LZ, once I had to resend a package to her that got returned to us because his label was hard to read... *snicker) and he was trying to write in the checkbook wihile holding it up on a wall....at the gym.

It was his pool pass and locker he was paying for! But I laughed my butt off when I read the thing and thought it said 'peel/cocker'! A friend and I were laughing so hard, I had to call hubby at the office and ask him what the heck he meant ! And Bungleau....HAHAHAHA..shame on you....but uh.. my friend thiought similar things before we found out what it was for!

Last edited by Cloudbringer; 09-14-2007 at 07:02 AM.
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:53 AM   #35
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Well, see, there was this rash.....

LOL...Apparently my handwriting is so sloppy, my dear wife misread POOL/LOCKER in the checkbook. I had gone with a friend to renew our memberships for the local pool and since the office I went to had no countertop, I was forced to hold the checkbook against the wall and write at a weird angle. The pen kept going dry so the pen was at a messed up angle too. LOL...It really was messy handwriting.

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Nachtrafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #36
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Cool Dude Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, September 4, 2007

Cloudy, I don't know what you were thinking of... I was thinking he'd paid for some banana peels for a cocker spaniel or something...

-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:57 PM   #37
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

uh huh!
Old 09-16-2007, 10:28 PM   #38
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Gosh it got cold here! Brrr! Went from the 90s and humid to low 70s and no humidity! I think it's gonna get down to 48F tonight LOL, wow that is chilly for this time of year. I think it may have gotten that cold last night as well. I had the bedroom window open, and a fan going, didn't know it was gonna get THAT cold! Sheesh. I spent the night wrapped like a burrito in my comforter LOL.

Bought a "boom box" this weekend. Took me quite a few trips about different stores to actually find one. Seems the boom box is going out I wonder. Lots of little shelf stereos seem to be popular now. I really only found three choices really after the end of my search about town (2 BestBuys, Wallmart, Target, Circuit City). So I ended up buying one that was a Sony Xplode, 20 watts. It has a CD player and a cassette player. Cassettes though are pretty much out now so I doubt I'll ever use the player for that. This one Bestbuy did have another Sony boombox that was 52 watts and you could even plug in a guitar to it. Was almost $300 bucks though, so too much, I don't really need that. I have a kick ass Pioneer stereo so if I want the BIG I can get it there. Just wanted something that sounded good turned up, nearby and portable, while I'm painting, say, now and again. Something easily moved around and handy like that. So far I really like it. I play CDs while paint, and when TV is at a boring point.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #39
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyzekke View Post
Gosh it got cold here! Brrr! Went from the 90s and humid to low 70s and no humidity! I think it's gonna get down to 48F tonight LOL, wow that is chilly for this time of year. I think it may have gotten that cold last night as well. I had the bedroom window open, and a fan going, didn't know it was gonna get THAT cold! Sheesh. I spent the night wrapped like a burrito in my comforter LOL.

Bought a "boom box" this weekend. Took me quite a few trips about different stores to actually find one. Seems the boom box is going out I wonder. Lots of little shelf stereos seem to be popular now. I really only found three choices really after the end of my search about town (2 BestBuys, Wallmart, Target, Circuit City). So I ended up buying one that was a Sony Xplode, 20 watts. It has a CD player and a cassette player. Cassettes though are pretty much out now so I doubt I'll ever use the player for that. This one Bestbuy did have another Sony boombox that was 52 watts and you could even plug in a guitar to it. Was almost $300 bucks though, so too much, I don't really need that. I have a kick ass Pioneer stereo so if I want the BIG I can get it there. Just wanted something that sounded good turned up, nearby and portable, while I'm painting, say, now and again. Something easily moved around and handy like that. So far I really like it. I play CDs while paint, and when TV is at a boring point.

Yes, it is way too cold for this time of year! LOL Right now I think it is approaching 45 F out there... sheesh! Our high today is supposed to be low 60's!

I'm surprised you even found a boom box, Wendy! They really do seem to be on their way out, but I'm not sure what's replacing them, maybe those stereo's you saw. I've got a little 'baby boom box' sort of thing that plays a cd and a cassette. I guess so many people have ipods they figure you won't want anything else? But what if you want to play it without an earphone! So you do need something in btwn the stereo and a ipod/mp3 player! Glad you found one you could use.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:17 AM   #40
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

I wish it would get cold here, im tired of the summer. I cant wait to get out in the great forests of Michigan and go hunting for the wild man eating white tail. (exaggerated).

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote