Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2002, 10:59 AM   #11
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, the best part of the break was that I have been off work for 2 weeks. Wish I could say that it has been awesome, but the truth is I have been ill off and on during the holidays. I did get to see Lord of the Rings one day and that was awesome. Was supposed to go back to work today, but on top of being sick in bed, we got snow, and everything here shuts down when it snows. That about sums it up for me.

*hugs*
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 01-03-2002, 11:57 AM   #12
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Hmmm...tried to keep busy.

Played EmpireQuest, chatted much on MSN and posted on HADB forums.

For Christmas, went to my parents and then my grandparents. We didn't exchange lots of presents, but the point was to spend time together. I had a great deal of fun...the only thing that would have made my holidays better would have been if I could have been back in France with my newest 'family'...and one person in particular.

EDIT: OH! And I went to see Harry Potter and LotR! [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 01-03-2002, 01:20 PM   #13
Konfuzed and Zany
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Hm... what did I do...
I got my first Drizzt book (I am a new addict) and a number of other books. Stayed at home, went skiing occasionally (we had SNOW [img]smile.gif[/img] ), watched the fireworks on New Year's Eve (much more than last year, I should have taken pictures), watched Harry Potter and LotR (whoever chose the actor for Elrond should be SHOT), got very confused with the new currency (the Euro is here, HELP!)... not much else.
Sorry to hear about the Almighty Lord Choc, I hope he's better
Hope the rest of you had a good time!
[img]graemlins/fairy.gif[/img]

What book did you get?
I got myself the Dark Elf Trilogy
Almost through books 2 [img]smile.gif[/img]

[this is not Konfuzed btw this is the guy who sometimes playes Konfuzed and of whom you do not know his actually name [img]smile.gif[/img] ]
Old 01-03-2002, 01:49 PM   #14
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I had a pretty good time over the holidays this year. I spent a lot of time with friends and family, went to some great Christmas parties, and one unbelievable New Years party- I'm still feeling the effects of it. I too saw Lord of the Rings and enjoyed it. I think they should have showed a little bit more at the end there, but I guess I can't have everything. I did a bit of reading, did a bit of laying around...ok I did a lot of laying around...I just in general had a very relaxing, enjoyable holiday season.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 01-03-2002, 02:22 PM   #15
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

Well, I was studying for some tests!
At least, a couple of days ago I saw LotR (an awesome movie!!!) and Harry Potter. Also I played Empire Earth (really cool game!).
Old 01-03-2002, 02:55 PM   #16
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I put in a kitchen floor.
MaryBeth, the baby below, received a black eye from falling off a bed and a dislocated elbow joint from trying to jerk her hand out of mommy's hold so that she could tantrumize.
That is all the news worth mentioning anyway.
Old 01-03-2002, 03:09 PM   #17
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Day 1.
Sad thing about IW...well it'll probarbly be up soon [img]smile.gif[/img]

Day 2.
I'll just check if it's back..
okay..it'll probarbly be up tomorrow then..

Day 3.
yes, today IW is back!!
what?
is it something wrong with my computer, or what?!
Oh man..tomorrow then..

Day 4.
This is it, home from school and all, this will be fun!
Still not up?!

-Yeah hi Eric..can you check a website for me? It doesnt work on my computer..
Not on yours either? Okay, bye!

Still not up? What the hell's wrong?!

Day 5.
www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi ..
maybe it's just taking some time? Oh all right..
What's wrong..

The following week looked like day 5...

Day 15.
Okay this is the third time I try today..
DAMN!
What am I gonna DO?!

Today.
YEEES!! I feel the life coming back to me again!!

That's a pretty good sum-up..
Oh and christmas, new years and LOTR was in there too...somewhere.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2002, 05:23 PM   #18
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I saw LotR, and it was incredibly good.

Worked Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but still had fun with the family.

I was off New Years Eve and New Years Day, and had too much fun with friends...lol

Best of All? It started snowing yesterday! I'm from North Carolina, and snow just isn't something that happens much here. Between this snow and the blizzard of 2000 we've had more snow than in the previous 100 years. AND it's still snowing!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years
Old 01-03-2002, 05:38 PM   #19
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

well... I had a quiet Christmas with just with my parents... to be quite frank, I hate large parties and all-family get-together...
I opened presents, had ham for dinner, straighten up house, and went to bed... I did oekaki pics at http://www.drowtales.com/oekaki132e/picture.cgi which I go all the time ever since the closedown.
no PC RP games this time.. I'm still breaking in my other ones. just got art supplies, RP FR books, a Electric hand driver/drill, and some small goodies.

had a crappy new year's though... my father had bleeding in the stomach and suffered a mini-stroke.... he's taken to the hospital
he was in ICU for a couple of days and they moved him to the floor yesterday. His one side is numb and he's feeling sorry for himself
they have yet to determine when to release him from the hospital. More duties fall upon mother and me ...
Frankly, I'm glad the hospital's taking care of him.

Will be going back to college on Jan 8th
Old 01-03-2002, 05:39 PM   #20
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

what did i do? what DIDNT i do? well i guess that the answer to both would be 'a lot', but still... my memory is too messed up to detail it day by day but i can give a slight overview... lets see, i spent the entire break in Oklahoma City cause of my dad, and i didnt get a break from my relatives cept for my late nights on the computer (there were a lot of them). after spending some of the worst days of my life there (my cousins are some of the most annoying brats on the face of the Earth) i accomplished a few goals and sent a few personal items out. then when Christmas finally rolled around i sent out the first and last of the extremely personal documents after opening my gifts (if anyone wants to know what they were, ask me on MSN or AIM). i started work on a query letter, listened to Anti-flag, got a computer mic and a few games... then came back here. thats about it.